Austin Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast

Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Larry Viezel has been talking about this Rocky Horror Con since last year, and sounds pretty confident now that it will be happening.

Quote:
Things are firming up for the 2008 Atlantic City convention. We are
currently scheduled for September 27th, 2008 at the legendary House of
Blues in Atlantic City for a Midnight showing of RHPS. The venue is
located on the Boardwalk, adjacent to the Showboat and the Taj Mahal.
The place is gorgeous and will draw a large audience from the
surrounding area for the show.

We have the events schedule planned with a few ideas that haven't been
done at cons before and of course most of the traditional staples. We
are working on special guests although nothing is going to be definate
there for a while either. Generally we're really excited about the
whole thing.

More details, a website, and convention hotel/booking info to follow
as soon as we have the contracts signed!

Larry, Liz, Shawn, Kate, Casey, Chad
The AC Convention planning committee

You can track them on the LiveJournal they have set up for the event now: http://community.livejournal.com/atlanticcitycon/. Last I checked, airfare to Philadelphia was around $350 per person. Apparently there is an airport in Atlantic City itself but it's small and most airlines don't fly into it. I saw some Delta flights going there, but the cost was much higher than going to Philadelphia and taking the New Jersey Transit train into Atlantic City.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
...we need your help. We are hoping to bring this convention to not only the people who have been to conventions before, but also to the convention virgins. Enter the internet. In today's world of internet newsgroups, blogs and social networking sites its almost possible to reach everyone in Rocky Horror's international subculture. But we can't do it alone. We would like to inform as many Rocky fans as possible about the upcoming convention and you can help. Post to you or your cast's LJ and let them know this community exists. Send a MySpace bulletin suggesting other fans send us a friend request. Mention the convention to the regulars in the audience at your local show. This convention should go beyond just the dedicated cast die hards. We want the casual fan as well as the lifers to come. We want to have as many people who love Rocky Horror celebrate that love and meet other like minded people. Theres a lot of us freaks out there - this is our chance to party. And it will be one hell of a party.

http://community.livejournal.com/atlanticcitycon/
http://www.myspace.com/rockycon2008

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Tentative schedule:

Thursday night (bonus night! This is a free night with no cost for convention attendees!)

7 PM – The Rocky Horror Puppet Show (details about the cast performing this show can be seen here: http://therockyhorrorpuppetshow.blogspot.com/ note: the date on their website is actually incorrect, the date is September 25th, 2008.
This performance will take place in the con suite, and is definitely worth seeing if you'll be around!)
9 PM – Party (this party will have a specific theme that we can’t officially announce because of the location being in Atlantic City. If the theme spreads via word of mouth that is fine, let’s just say it has the word “Strip” then a word in the middle, then the last word rhymes with “ornament” that’s all you’re getting…)

Friday night

8 PM – SHOCK TREATMENT!!!
10 PM – Welcome party, you DON’T wanna miss this party! We have a few tricks up our sleeve =)

Saturday

12 Noon – 6 PM – vendor tables and other convention events including some things you’ve seen, and some brand spankin’ new events that you’ve never seen before!

6 PM – 8 PM – Preshows performed by casts from all over the world

Midnight – I figure we’ll find something to do, I mean, it IS Atlantic City! Just kidding, this will be The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the House of Blues! This event is open to the public (to answer a lot of your questions) however all convention guests are guaranteed tickets =)

Sunday

Time TBD – picnic on the beach. Stop by for a sandwich and say goodbye to all of the friends and bedfellows you’ve made on the trip before heading off to your flight/car ride home.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:09 am 
Virgin
Virgin

hi.

Jai from Larry Viezel's cast (Home of Happiness) here to remind you that the con is moving closer and closer with each passing day. have you registered? are you coming? hope you Austin Rocky people will make it!

i don't know if you've been following the activity on our LJ or myspace. i hardly use those sites personally, but here i am, whoring out our con once more now that the date is nearly upon us. and on a personal note... i really do hope some of you make it out here because i have a gazillion fanboy questions about the Alamo Drafthouse

-jai