Austin Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast

Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:04 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Hey there Queerios! Bernie from Sins here to invite you all to the biggest Rocky party EVER! Sins is hosting the officaly 35th Anniversary Convention in Downtown Los Angeles this September! Check out http://www.sinscon.com for details. The hotel contract was signed last Friday afternoon and we booked 20 rooms the first day! It's a gorgeous hotel with great prices for our event! We opened registration yesterday afternoon and there's two-dozen people registered already including performers from UK and France! This is seriously going to rock hardcore, and we will have polls up on the site to help us shape the con too so it really will be a con for the people.
I've very rarely ran into Queerios folks at a con before and I'd love to change that! What would make a con attractive for you to go to it? I welcome any thoughts and comments, and in the meantime here's a link to our first promotional video- it's a music video parody of Randy Newman's "I Love LA" and I think you'll absolutely love it- many casts from around the world contributed as well including the first two scenes shot on-location in New York and Chicago by NYC cast and Midnight Madness. We'd love to have the Queerios be a part of these things!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jftQkmcN2NE

I'm lookin forward to meeting you guys on 3/6!

Bernie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:06 am 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

Is any of the Queerios cast SERIOUSLY looking into going to this?
I am and if you wanna go I'll split the cost of the room and rental car with you...
SWA is having some killer deals on AUS to LAX though they are not selling for September quite yet.

PM or TXT me if you are!

-Squishy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:13 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Squishy wrote:

I am and if you wanna go I'll split the cost of the room and rental car with you...
SWA is having some killer deals on AUS to LAX though they are not selling for September quite yet.

PM or TXT me if you are!

-Squishy

Glad to hear it Squishy! We're putting together a lot of information packages to help out with transportation, one being Sins running a shuttle service to and from the con venue to the hotel(we're renting 2-3 15 passenger vans). There's also going to be public transportation info as well- I believe for less than $10 per person you can get from LAX to Downtown in about an hour or less on our new not-quite-as-good-as-NY Metro system. :-)

Keep your eyes peeled on the website- we should have that stuff ready to go in Mid March.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:58 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Squishy wrote:

Ayup. I haven't been out to California since the Frankie Goes To Hollywood Con in 2001. I'll wait until I actually have money in hand for airfare before committing entirely, but most likely. There's also a mini-Con in the Washington, D.C. area set for June that I'm hoping to hit as well. Been awhile since I've traveled that much. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:29 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

yay shawn :D this should be lots of fun!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:51 pm 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

Id love to go, but I dont know with school. Ill have to look into it a little more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:23 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Heck yah it will Squishy, have you scoped out the hotel we booked?! It's amazing. It's going to be a non-stop party. We're working on a celebrity RHPS guest as well as someone from Shock Treatment, and there's a chance Lou Adler's gonna roll by too. There will be costume fashion shows, amazing special preshow performances by casts from around the country, possibly a Rocky's Got Talent competition with on-site fan voting, and the Friday night post-Shocky afterparty is going to be a full fledged ROCKY PROM!

All sorts of fun stuff is in the works and will be announced over the next few months. :-)