Austin Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast

Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:44 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

To let you all know, if you haven't heard, SA is doing rocky again this year, this time at the woodlawn theatre (woodlawntheatre.com). I'm actually en route to SAad I type this to check it out. This is the 2nd weekend of the run and it'll be going on thru the first weekend of november. Thursdays @ 8, Friday & Saturdays @ 10. And of course Sunday the 31st, I think at 10, but don't quote on that last one.
I'll let you all know how it is. From the pictures I've seen, it's looking pretty "screen accurate" as far as costumes, and the set look like they put a lot of time and money into it. It looks promising.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

eitherway wrote:
From the pictures I've seen, it's looking pretty "screen accurate" as far as costumes

That was certainly the truth. Only Riff's costume (which instead copied a recent Rocky Horror Show European touring production) and the space costumes were different. Everyone else was an exact copy of the movie, right down to Frank's anklet. Unfortunately.

eitherway wrote:
the set look like they put a lot of time and money into it

Yep. And then they cheaped out on having a band, instead using pre-recorded 80's-esque synthesized music played by the Narrator on his MacBook. Gah! This was particularly unfortunate, because all the performers were great. Rocky could even sing, which is always a bonus! But they were really hamstrung without a band.

I had a blast though, as I always do at Rocky Horror Show productions. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:25 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Very nice article in the Express-News:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/stage/Rocky_Horror_Show_never_grows_old_105482428.html

They talk about a wide range of Rocky Horror related goings on, and chat with both Roy Thomas and Lee Marshall (among others).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:17 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

One of the Express-News columnists did an article Saturday about going to Rocky as a teenager at Central Park Fox too.
I wish the Statesman would do an article like that but...not holding my breath (at least not on purpose).
We have tickets for Friday for the Woodlawn (and for the movie here Thursday). Was it in the upstairs theater at the Woodlawn this time? Remembering the fucking cattle drive in the lobby last time is kind of freaking me out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

No, it's in the big theater downstairs this time. I was amused when the Phantoms were asking me if I was a virgin and I told them I had gone to several previous productions at that very theater. I don't think they were aware that there had been any previous productions!

There was a hell of a press of people in the lobby before they let us in, but if you have VIP tickets then your seats are pre-assigned so it doesn't really matter when you go in. Alternatively, they did apparently let people up on the balcony also since that's where all the local RHPS cast type people were calling lines from.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:54 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

Thanks, that makes me fel so much better about it! I did get VIP tickets.