Austin Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast

Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:30 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

I saw the show at a theater in Oklahoma City back in 1980 it was pretty wild. How wild does it get in Austin? When I saw the show it was a standard theater there was not much room up front to do the time warp. Does the Austin theater have enough room to move around? What is the dress code there? Thanks. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:18 pm 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

brandcandy wrote:
I saw the show at a theater in Oklahoma City back in 1980 it was pretty wild. How wild does it get in Austin? When I saw the show it was a standard theater there was not much room up front to do the time warp. Does the Austin theater have enough room to move around? What is the dress code there? Thanks. :D

As long as all your private nasties are covered, you can wear whatever you want. The Alamo Drafthouse, where we have our show, has room for our audience to stand and do the Time Warp in front of your seat. Only cast members are allowed up front, except during the virgin sacrifice, and the people we pick to be our Ralph and Betty at the beginning of our show. Because the Drafthouse serves food and drinks, we require the audience to stay seated, excpet for the time warp and the end of I'm Going Home, because the servers have to move in and out of the audience and it's already crazy enough for them with the cast running around.

As far as wild? I'm not sure what your standard of wild is. We aren't allow to show nipples at this theatre so all the girls wear pasties, so there's no actual nudity at our show, but it comes pretty damn close. Most of the time we have prop bags for sale so you can have a full compliment of things to throw and we have a pretty good amount of audience that do the call lines with us and more are always encouraged. Many of our call lines are highly inappropriate which is always fun for us.

Other than that, all I can say is come and see us and tell us what you think!

Susan: A girl's gotta have her standards.

Post subject: Question about the show
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:21 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Do people hang out after the show to visit? Thanks for writing. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:08 am 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

Most weekends yes. We go to a couple different places so you'll just have to check with the cast after the show

Susan: A girl's gotta have her standards.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:16 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

ok thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:21 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

I don't know what made my think of rocky, but ii have not gone in 20 years when I decided to see if there was any shows left in Austin. I found the one at the alamo and read a lot about Queerios and the alamos rules before going. I saw it as a teenager at the Northcross mall a bunch. Then a few more times in Houston in my mid 20s. Now I'm 45. Seen it at the Alamo 6 times. I got to help the cast clean up after the show, load the props and went to Jims to talk a little. These are my kinda people.

I'm a trisexual, I'll try anything!
(Well, I allready did)
I don't like gay men, there dicks taste like shit!
I just found out anal isn't short for analytical.
I like bondage but I'm out of cloraform.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:17 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Hi, everybody, I am a new friend. :)