Austin Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast

Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:49 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

Location: behind the McDonald's that's close to the mall that's near the freeway

In less than 13 weeks, there will be a state-wide election. On the ballot will be a proposed Consitutional Amendment to ban gay marriage.

Forgive the lengthy note below, but this should be of primary interest to all of us: cast, crew, audience, whatever...

David

To: truffulaut@earthlink.net
Subject: No Nonsense in November Campaign to Defeat Marriage Amendment Up and Running
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:50:49 -0500
Reply-To: glenmaxey@nononsenseinnovember.com

You may have heard that I have signed on as director of No Nonsense in November, the campaign to defeat the Constitutional Amendment that would prohibit civil marriage and civil unions for same sex couples. We're moving full steam ahead to defeat this Nonsense Constitutional Amendment to the Texas Bill of Rights.

What is most interesting about the people joining us - nearly 2000 so far! - is that what unites us is our shared belief that the Legislature has failed Texas.

This year has been frustrating for us all. Legislators were given two extra chances after a failed regular session and still aren't getting their job done.

However, legislators found the time to designate the chuck wagon as the official state vehicle and spent time debating how to protect us from sexy cheerleaders.

While important issues like public education reform and school finance languished, the Legislature found time to attack an entire group of Texans by putting this hateful amendment to the Bill of Rights on the November ballot.

No Nonsense in November is uniting all fair-minded Texans who share our belief that the Constitutional Amendment is nonsense and must be defeated.

ThatÂ’s why I am writing to you now.

Most political pundits say this is an impossible task. However, IÂ’ve done the analysis, and I assure you we CAN shock the political world on November 8th -- with your support.

I invite you to visit our web site, http://www.NoNonsenseInNovember.com, and learn much more about the issue at hand and why having it on the ballot is such Nonsense.

At http://www.NoNonsenseInNovember.com, you can:

Get updates about campaign activities and find out how to work to defeat the amendment in your area and download tools you can use to organize in your area.

Pledge to vote against the Constitutional Amendment and send a message that you will not be a part of this Nonsense that would amend the Bill of Rights in our most sacred document – the Texas Constitution – to discriminate against some Texas families.

Volunteer to fight the amendment. Our regional offices will be fully staffed and in high gear this month, and weÂ’ll need committed people like you to help us.

Donate to the cause. With less than 13 weeks away from the vote, we have a lot to do throughout the state. A well-funded campaign is critical to maximizing voter turnout. Because this is a ballot measure, our PAC can take money from individuals, churches, corporations, just about anyone who wishes to support us, except foreign nationals.

We can defeat this amendment with an aggressive, statewide voter identification and get-out-the-vote effort—but we need the resources to do it. We are working vigorously throughout the state to educate Texans about the harmful consequences of the Constitutional Amendment and make sure people get out and vote against it on November 8th.

I hope you will join me. As always, I am interested in your ideas and suggestions about how we can make history by showing that there is no room for this Nonsense in Texas.

Glen Maxey
Campaign Director
http://www.NoNonsenseInNovember.com
No Nonsense in November
State Headquarters
512 E. Riverside Suite 203
Austin, Texas 78704
(512) 443-2019

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:47 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

The problem is this will pass in Texas. Just look at the Red/Blue map from the past 18 million elections. Red red red red red everywhere in Texas except one teeny tiny little island of blue in Travis County.

So what's next? Are they going to ammend the ammendment later so that marriage is between one white Protestant man and one white Protestant woman? WTF is wrong with people? How is it that a same-sex marriage hurts anyone? And to deny even civil unions is just gravy. That's fucking rich.

I fucking hate people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:01 am 
Goddess Lindsay
Goddess Lindsay

dude... even Travis County is turning v.v.v. light blue.

I say we plant a bomb in the warehouse district set to detonate at 12:58 on a Saturday night. That should take care of a lot of the problem. And we'll all be a Rocky (maybe not me, but I'll think of something), yay alibi! stoopid republican yuppies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:54 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

NOT THE WAREHOUSE DISTRICT!!!

thats where all the gay clubs are...even if there arent any that are 18+....

anywho, for those of you who are interested...oh wait, nevermind. iw as going to tell you all about a meeting on campus about this and how we're going to help it not happen...but its mostly for UT students, faculty and staff and doing thigns on cmapus and since most of you live rather far away from campus, then it would be pointless....but you just want to go to get more information (and maybe you can help out), its going to be on wednesday, august 17th, at 7 PM, in the Texas Union (on gudalupe street) room 2.102 (eastwoods room).

this is all sooo ridiculous....who's up for going to canada? my cousin lives there, we can all get married to who every we want, free medicare, and you can smoke pot on the streets.

This aint no fucking Disney Store: Dance Mother Fuckers!

"I only did it with her because I'm in love with you"
-Rules of Attraction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:54 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

NOT THE WAREHOUSE DISTRICT!!!

thats where all the gay clubs are...even if there arent any that are 18+....

anywho, for those of you who are interested...oh wait, nevermind. iw as going to tell you all about a meeting on campus about this and how we're going to help it not happen...but its mostly for UT students, faculty and staff and doing thigns on cmapus and since most of you live rather far away from campus, then it would be pointless....but you just want to go to get more information (and maybe you can help out), its going to be on wednesday, august 17th, at 7 PM, in the Texas Union (on gudalupe street) room 2.102 (eastwoods room).

this is all sooo ridiculous....who's up for going to canada? my cousin lives there, we can all get married to whom ever we want, free medicare, and you can smoke pot on the streets.

-Rules of Attraction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:19 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

wow this is TX and you guys are surprised???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:49 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

no one said anything about being suprised. its just ridiculous. and just because its whats execpted doesnt mean we should stand around and let it happen.

-Rules of Attraction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:02 pm 
Goddess Lindsay
Goddess Lindsay

John doesn't want to do anything to help, but he wants to reserve his right to bitch about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:07 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

Location: behind the McDonald's that's close to the mall that's near the freeway
PhireFreak wrote:
he wants to reserve his right to bitch about it.

What abt my right to have a baby?

David, quoting obscure handmade films

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:34 pm 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

steve-0 is right. its all red. ive said a lot myself. we love guns, death penalty, oversized vehicles, money and that sort of thing. and for the size of the state of texas thats a lot of red.

forget canada...canada is dull. try europe if you want a more diverse cross-section. although you get far more civil liberties living in the states. especially if you are already american. expatriation can take years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:55 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

Attention: Don't read this unless you want to.

David, "You have been warned."

To: truffulaut@earthlink.net
Subject: No Nonsense Newsletter #2: The dough is rising and snakes are biting
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:33:03 -0500

Since I last wrote you Â… No Nonsense in November has picked up solid financial support, generated a lot of buzz in the media, and even picked up a few clues on what the opposition is planning.

Members of the Human Rights Campaign have committed to raise $120,000 to support the infrastructure of the campaign. This is a fantastic boost to our efforts!! Clear your calendars for the middle of September and watch our web site as we will soon be posting dates for major fundraising events in Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Next week, you'll be able to donate towards one of those events on our web site, http://www.NoNonsenseInNovember.com!

We're glad our efforts are being noticed because we have been working hard to build a strong coalition to do what no other state has done – defeat a marriage constitutional amendment. It's going to take all the strength we can muster and then some.

Opposition Rears Its Ugly Head

If there was ever any doubt about where the right is going with this issue, consider what Rick Perry's political consultant, Dave Carney, says.

Carney, who is confident the amendment will pass, compares opposition to gay marriage to an aversion to communism, describing it as "something that would galvanize voters of all stripes."

Is he suggesting that the right's game plan will use the same hate-mongering tactics we saw during the McCarthy era?

Word on the street is that the "grand old party" will be deploying "strike teams" to churches to do Voter ID. As usual, they'll rally support for the amendment by portraying themselves as the party that's "for family values."

With your help, we'll be ready for them.

Volunteer to fight Â… we need people to host House parties, volunteer in our field offices, and be part of our Speakers Bureau, which is in formation. Within days, you'll be able to download speeches and talking points from the web.

The Speakers Bureau will keep the focus where it belongs – on the Texas Legislature's failure to address real issues and on our zeal to Defend, not Amend, the Texas Bill of Rights.

While they may be able to afford television ads, showing people around a dinner table talking abut family values, we'll be organizing around our own dinner tables, and talking to Texans in churches and temples, in offices and at civic group meetings, letting them know that our families have value, too.

We'll counter their claim to be a party that supports limited government by pointing out that there is nothing more intrusive than government telling Texans who they can marry.

And we'll show them that the real power of the people is to defend a Constitution and a Bill of Rights that protects all people.

We'll stand up to them in the same way people stood up to McCarthy-ism.

We'll show them that Texas voters are like a snake that's been provoked by legislators who have advanced marriage at the polls while stalling on school finance. We'll show them this snake will bite and it will bite them all over the state.

We will galvanize our people to vote against this amendment. We will vote against the purveyors of this hate in 2006. And we will support those good legislators in 2006, who took the right stand and stood with us.

Where's Rick?

One thing "the buzz" isn't clear on is whether or not Governor Perry will actually campaign for the amendment. His smiling face and good hair are all over the opposition's web site, http://www.txmarriage.com, but inquiring minds want to know whether he'll get out in front of this, and use this wedge-issue to identify social conservatives to vote for him and not One Tough Grandma in the Republican primary?

Word has it that some GOP movers and shakers are afraid that all their GOTV efforts for the constitutional amendment election will be used to fuel – and finance – a "Re-Elect Rick Perry" campaign, and they're not happy campers.

The election will definitely come down to who can turn out the most voters.

Help us increase our numbers by sending the Pledge to Vote page to five of your friends and get them pledge to vote against the Nonsense Constitutional Amendment.

And help keep up us on "the buzz" by letting us know when your local paper or broadcast station covers the campaign. We want to post those stories on the web site, and keep all of you updated.

Thanks again for all you are doing!

Glen Maxey
Campaign Director
No Nonsense in November
http://www.NoNonsenseInNovember.com