Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: spiderhouse rocky
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:21 am 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

Weirdly enough, I Heart Video is presenting RHPS at Spiderhouse this Saturday at 11:30 pm. Do we have anything to do with this? Should we? Promotional venue, etc.?

I'm Little Miss Logical. Look at my perky tits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:21 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

what the hell?!?! it should be on friday...we should contact spider house and ask for a date change so we can all go and then promote our show.

This aint no fucking Disney Store: Dance Mother Fuckers!

"I only did it with her because I'm in love with you"
-Rules of Attraction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:42 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

I could email I-Heart, but I doubt we'd have any luck getting them to change what's probably been planned for several weeks at such short notice. Could we send someone to plug Queerios? Maybe a small group of people not playing this weekend to yell lines and help with the Time Warp and stuff? Anyone interested let me know and I'll drop I-Heart and Spiderhouse emails about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:00 pm 
Slut
Slut

I wouldn't mind going. Anyone else interested?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:17 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

I'd go... I might even play if there was a cast and they needed me... Does anyone know if they have a cast? (Like maybe from UT?) or would like one? When Jo's Coffee did Rocky as part of it's Rock n Reel series a few years back we asked if we could play and they let us... Maybe the special shows people should call spiderhouse and I heart video.
As many people as are upset every week about not getting cast, i would hope that we could put a second one together by then..
I think I will probably go check it out (at least it's closer to actv if i'm stuck taking a cab or whatever....)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:32 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

It might be better to call and try to speak to a live human you know is the one in charge of things rather than e-mail... spiderhouse would be the one to say yes or no to having a cast, I assume.
This has me very excited and if you guys are willing to pursue it, if you need any help, I am willing to invest time and money if necesary (I would need transportation if we needed to meet somewhere...) I have faith in your capabilities--last wee'k show looked great--but if you need anything, call me... (I did the split cast thing several times....) It would be fun, a great promotion for the show at Village, and a chance for people to experience playing a different venue...if they'd have us. I really believe we could pull this off and quite well...(We cast a show on a Thursday night in Waco on 24 hours notice once.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:46 am 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

As I mentioned in another post, I have this Saturday night off, and I really don't have shit to do, other than try to go to The Jolly Garagers thing at ACTV, so I would be more than willing to go down there and promote/play/make an ass of myself, or all of the above. Either e-mail me (I got a cable modem on Tuesday) or call me on my cell. For all those that don't have it, the number is 289-1239.

"When your pride is on the floor, I'll make you beg for more."
-Shakespear's Sister

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:23 am 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

Quick update: I called both Spiderhouse and I Heart this morning, but none of the people responsible for the show were in yet. I went ahead and sent emails to both, and I'll try calling again tonight if I haven't heard anything by then.

We might not get to have any actual performers, since the Spiderhouse screening area is cluttered with tables, chairs, foliage, and uneven paving. However it is a possibility, so if you're interested, post here with a few parts you'd be willing to do (not all at once; just so there's options). If we can go ahead with performing, I'll get in touch with Holli and Kitty about a cast list. Or they can just read this.

It goes without saying that no matter what we'd definitely benefit from a few good screamers. If you know a bunch of good lines and aren't in the Alamo show this weekend, try to make it out to Spiderhouse. C'mon, y'all. Take one for the team.

Here's the website: http://www.spiderhousecafe.com/film.php?ID=146&PageID=0

Last edited by mynameisrobertpaulson on Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:45 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

A few years back I saw them put on the play Night of the Werewolf out in that space (the foliage added greatly to the ambience!) with several live actors, so it's been done before... we've played in all kinds of spaces, including people's living rooms, crowded clubs. etc, so we could adapt.
My phone # is on the thread for updating the cast phone list on the cast discussion forum if anyone needs it....
Hey,we'd have real slut-eating trees..
I didn't realize so many people would be gone this wekend but I think it might be do-able nonetheless.
And I just looked at the spierhouse web site, and they're showing Kiss Meets the phantom of the Park first at 9:30 pm so it should be an intersting crowd...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:22 pm 
Slut
Slut

Someone brought to my attention that I haven't been trained on anything... so I guess I'd only be available to shout my limited repetoire of lines.

However, I'd still like to go and promote and such. I just don't know how useful I'd be. I do have a car, and if people chipped in for gas I'd be available as transport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:04 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

I Heart says a performance would be okay. They're showing the KISS movie before hand with about a 20 minute interlude before Rocky, and we can use that time to move tables, set up anything we might want to use, and plug the show. However, we do need to be prompt, as they will not wait for us if we're late. Rocky starts at 11:30; I would recommend any players get there by eleven at the latest. The woman in charge--her name is Sarah, I believe--will be there by 8 to start the first movie, so if we need anything extra early for some reason we can talk to her then. I'll talk to Holli and Kitty about rounding up a cast, but if you want to play at Spider, post here as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:47 pm 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

I think and this is just my thoughts on things...........since this isn't a Alamo Drafthouse rocky or really a Queerios production.....that if Padon would like to play...I think he should be able 2. Especially if we need another person. I need to know who is all going if I need to make a cast list. I will be going after the T.V. thingy to pass out flyers for star wars night but then I will be going to Rocky to play Rocky.

Family Planning Prevents Abortion.

I think
therefore I am
PRO-CHOICE!!!!

*not every ejaculation deserves a name*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:04 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

I fell okay with that and we took a cast member who was banned from Nortcross mall to play a road trip once, so why not? Especiallly since we'd need everyone we could round up....hint: you can crash train anyone you need to fill a special show in an emergency (I quote my own rules...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:10 am 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

As I said, I am down for anything. As Joanna can attestify, there was once a show that I played almost all the parts at one point or another. I will be at work all night tomorrow, but feel free to call my cell or do the obvious...

-Shakespear's Sister

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:17 am 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

Here's some thoughts:

--Chibbi could crash train Padon for Scott. Er, if Padon thinks he actually needs to be trained to be a paraplegic Nazi. He'd probably just run down out of the bleachers and sit in a chair the whole time, since we lack a Doctormobile.

--Toto makes a damn good Frank.

--Joanna's a great Crim, if she doesn't mind.

--Margaux expressed some vague interest. If she does in fact go, she and Kitty make fine Columbia/Eddie.

--Any part not filled will be played by invisible ghosts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:52 am 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

:thanks: Seriously, my ego desperatly needed that. I would be honored to play Frank. I will bring the stuff that I have and if nothing else, I can get dressed up and scare the normals...tee hee...

-Shakespear's Sister

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:07 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

I know some people have their own costumes, and some are easily improvised, but do we ned to borrow any of the cast stuff? We have 3 pink and 3 purple Janet dresses that are cast, 2 Columbia jackets of different sizes, etc... if we need anything that won't be needed at the alamo tonight, do we have a way of getting it from the cast stuff...
This sucks but my big Rocky suitcase got left behind in Corpus....I think this would be a bare bones production, understandably... we could get a cheap white sheet and make a Rocky wrap from it....we need to decide what we need for tonight..
Seriously, call me if you need me to go grab stuff from Goodwill ...
I'm all in favor of Toto playing Frank, and if you need me to play Crim, I can.... (thanks Erin)... what are we going to use for a scott wheelchair? sliding chair? skateboard???
I finally got my internet connerction back on just Now, and I'm going to do laundry real quick, so if you need anything call or otherwise let me know...
IsKristin available? That would help too..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:31 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

Toto, anyone from your posse avaialable to fill in? Gypsy etc?
I'll probably get there at about 8;30 pm so past then call my cell if you need me.
While I'm out I'll get a few things from the dollar store, like a boquet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:34 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

Kitty and Margaux seemed very ambivalent the last time I talked to them. They're still a possibility, but I'm pretty sure they're more likely to go to the Alamo show.

Thanks to everyone involved for helping out. Huzzah publicity! I'll prolly see some of ya at the Garogers show. Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:30 pm 
Slut
Slut

Ugh... something has come up.

I'm needed to drop Rob off at the Alamo, and a few of my friends from Arlington are in town and want to see the main show. They want me to take them when I take Rob.

If I'm needed to play Dr. Scott, I could easliy rush Rob and my friends to the Alamo early, coming back in time to play Scott in the last part of the movie, then go back to the Alamo when Spider-Rocky is over.

Though, that is a lot of driving and I'm not sure I want to leave my friends alone. Really--depending on how badly I'm needed--anything could work.

Would it greatly inconvenience everyone if I did not play Dr. Scott?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:37 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

Margaux and I probly wont go to eather because we are going to schliterbahn tommorow with pj and lillie. so no go Rocky. sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:32 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

Well, let me fuck things up slightly more by letting y'all know that Gypsy's dumb ass re-inlisted, and is currently at A.I.T. at Fort Jackson, S.C. I, however, will definatly be there. If anyone has a spare set of fishnet thigh highs, and/or a garter belt that would rock! Oh, and a washer and dryer I could borrow for a load or two would be grounds for me worshipping you like a god!

-Shakespear's Sister

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:13 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

I just went out and got some stuff from the thrift store, so IF (which now ssems like a big IF) we perforn, we have at least a close replica of a purple janet dress, blue bathrobe, a boquet, platter/slash gong, two large white shirts for lab coats, two big flashlights, a white sheet for Rocky wrap/br scenes, 7 2 feather boas. I think james' eddie jacket is in the car,if so i'll bring it and my bag of makeup...
I doubt now this will happen... the timing is horrible and we had such short notice...there might be prople dresed in the audience who've played before and would be willing, so I will just bring the suitcase and see what happens...or doesn't...if nothing else I've seen RHPS in over 50 different theaters and each one was an adventure, so i'll enjoy this though i'll miss seeing a cast if there's not one.. Have a good show at the Alamo and if any old people show up saying "where's joanna"tell em i'm at spiderhouse..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:13 pm 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

How did it go? Do we have any flyers left. I made a 100 of them so if there are some left I would like to have some back so that I can put them in various places around our beautiful city!

Family Planning Prevents Abortion.

I think
therefore I am
PRO-CHOICE!!!!

*not every ejaculation deserves a name*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:21 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

It went well... Toto came too and amused the audience .... we did some lines with some guys there, and we did Trixie, Sweet T, and when the disc froze near the end she did the last 20 minuts of the movie in 3 mionutes while they were fixing the problem....
GOOD news! The woman from I Heart Video who does this stuff at spiderhouse is a Rocky fan, and used to go see it at River Oaks a few years back...she's definitely interested in screening it again and having us perform, in fact maybe even on a monthly basis! It's a small space and we'd need to do some advance planning about things like costume changes, etc, but it is possible... people toook flyers and seemed genuinely interested in the special show and coming to see the cast... This could be great, and I hope no one will be a big killoy and see this as a threat to our main show... it's totallly free, and promoting nothng erxcept that the dvd is available at I Heart Video (i.e., more golden eggs laid for Fox), they wre very, very nice and let us plug our show verbally and pass out flyers, and it would be a wonderful opportunity for us to reach new audience members from this semester's crop of UT students...
No threat to the Alamo....plus with so many peple requesting and not everyone being cast as much as they'd like now we only play 4 nights a month instead of 8, it would be really cool for us all... this would be the special shows directors' domain. It would be a chance for people to experience playing in a different space, and though it's a small space and doesn't seat many people, we could do a great show there and make a good impression, and it would be fun, too...
I still have some flyers left (and thanks guys for getting them there)... we didn't make it to the con because ames had to go help hang lights at the Vortex from 10 am til 4 pm.... I'll bring the ret back to you Saturday, and mentime if we pass anyplace here in S Austin that's taken flyers from us in the past, I'llleave some there...
I really can spell, my keyboard is a bit screwed up probably from having enormous cat asses land on it...