Austin Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast

Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:58 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

If anyone has the Encore pay channel (I do), they have a special program on the golden age of midnight shows airing this month, put together by Stuart Samuels, the author of a book on the subject (I think every Rocky person from my dinosaur generation still has a copy on the shelf next to the RHPS Book and photonovel)... there are interviews with Richard O'Brien and John Waters among others, and Encore is also showing RHPS this month(uncut, no commercials) if anyone needs to make a copy.
In Austin Encore is channel 760 on Time Warner cable, and Encore is showing RHPS this Thursday night at 9:05 pm, followed by "Midnight Movies" at 10:45 pm to 12:20 am.
If you have the Encore channels package, EncoreW (the West Coast version) is channel 761 and repeats everything three hours later--RHPS at 12:05 am early Friday, followed by "Midnight Movies" from 1:45 to 3:20 am.
I am definitelymaking copies of this and really looking forward to it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:23 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

i'd like a copy (of the midnight thing...i already have one of rocky)...because all i get is basic cable. :(

This aint no fucking Disney Store: Dance Mother Fuckers!

"I only did it with her because I'm in love with you"
-Rules of Attraction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:51 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

Okay... I know people want copies of a lot of stuff, and I'm suposed to be getting one of tose vhs to dvd recorders for xmas, so I can catch up on the backlog then if not sooner... I have 2 vcrs but one's down in Cc set for a month's worth of Macabre Theatre...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:42 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

oh joanna, how i love you...

This aint no fucking Disney Store: Dance Mother Fuckers!

"I only did it with her because I'm in love with you"
-Rules of Attraction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:18 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

And vice versa. (I just realized on my way home last Saturday that The Sweet Potato Incident took place before you were born...eek...)
I finally got copies of the Midnght Movies thing and it was great, they had stuff on El Topo, Night of the Living Dead, Reefer Madness, Pink Flamingos, The Harder They Come, and Eraserhead....very cool archive footage , lots of old photos and articles on RHPS that I collected and was so thrilled to find at the time....John Waters as usual was very droll, and Richard O'Brien was his cool self. (Also talking about Rocky in this:Sal Piro, Mick Rock, Peter Suschitsky, and in older clips, Tim Curry and Jim Sharman...and crowds of early Rocky audience members, all glammed up; "I've seen it a hundred and ten times!"...) It all made me very happy..
Now our computer is down and we're taking it to the shop tomorrow, so I'm at ACAC at 2 am catching up.