Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:29 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Howdy, Austin folks!

Shawn, I was wondering: is Lee (Frank in the SA show recently) the same guy who played him is Austin several years ago in their stage production? I seem to remember that guy being built similarly, but doing the show without a wig (Lee took his off at the end and was likewise shaved). Just curious.

Jim in Houston

(BTW, come down and see us ( http://www.houstonrhps.com/index.html ) in January and you will be treated to a performance by your own Allie Carr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:51 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Shawn, I was wondering: is Lee (Frank in the SA show recently) the same guy who played him is Austin several years ago in their stage production?

Nope. Lee Marshall has performed as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in at least five different productions of The Rocky Horror Show in San Antonio, all of which he had a key role in developing (choreography, directing, you name it). In Austin though, I've only seen him perform in drag shows at Boyz Cellar (his Marilyn Monroe is marvelous!). Lee used to perform in The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Central Park Fox theater in San Antonio also, and was the main Frank there when I first started going way back when. He's also one of the few "real actors" I've ever seen involved in RHPS. He did the whole move to New York City and act thing, but moved back to San Antonio since the cost of living was too high in NYC. He's seemed pretty happy with just doing local theater and such over the years.

The Frank at Zach Scott in '99 though was Joe York (dear god that Y2K thing they did was annoying). I haven't seen him in anything else, but I think Joanna was familiar with him at the time. Here's a random picture from the Chronicle for him: