As I'm sure you've already noticed, the Queerios web site has had a major facelift. I hope you like it...
In addition to the obvious layout changes and such, there are some functional changes as well:
- On the home page and other places (not including the forums), you'll see some new boxes on the far right side of the page. One has next weekend's cast list, if it has been posted. If a cast list has not yet been posted, that box will not be displayed at all. Another box shows the last six threads that were posted to on the forums. If you're logged in and are a cast member, it'll also include threads from the private cast discussion forum.
- There is now a unified login system for the forums, cast phone list, and cast list editing. You'll use the same login everywhere. You must be logged into the forums and be part of the 'cast member' group to view the cast phone list. Similarly to edit cast lists you must be part of the 'cast officer' group. This should work well in practice I think, and allow for more automatic control of who has access to what.
- Tech positions have been added to the cast list. You won't see them there unless the positions have been assigned though, so if and when our tech directors use this feature you'll start seeing the tech positions listed there.
- Just about everywhere you see a cast photo embedded, it's now grabbing a random cast photo and resizing it on the fly for wherever it's needed. If that section of the web site is talking about a certain set of pictures, it'll be a random photo from only that set of pictures. e.g. The "Year 2005" section of the Cast Photos page will show a random cast photo from 2005 (only).
- The embedded links to ACTF galleries have been removed from the cast photo page, as they were too much of a pain to keep up with. Instead the cast photo page now features a large blurb talking about ACTF at the very top of the page.
- Various pages that were a bit plain have been spiced up with random cast photos. Examples: Theater Info, Cast History.
- The "Other Photos" page has been split into three pages: Convention Photos, Road Trip Photos, and Rocky Horror Show Photos.
Those are some of the highlights at least. I have some more ideas for other changes that I may get to in time, but I think this is a pretty good start. All feedback is welcome (other than "hey post some freaking pictures" which is a given). I'll also be working on a rewrite of RockyMusic.org
in the near future, so my time will be split between those two sites. Keep in mind that RockyMusic.org has not been touched since (quite literally) October 1999, so it's been waiting in line to be updated for much much longer.
P.S. If you think you're having Slashdot
deja vu, it's definitely not because I ripped off their layout and stylesheets. Nope... definitely not.