Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: Random Richard O'Brien
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hadn't seen this in a long time, and it's actually a halfway decent copy of it. "The Contraption" is a short film from 1985 featuring Richard O'Brien as 'The Man' (who da man?!):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ROF8iY78CR4

There is no dialogue other than one line at the end. At the Denver Rocky Con I saw someone enter the creative costume contest as 'The Man', complete with a life sized version of the contraption that they had built. That was awesome. And more Richard O'Brien wackiness in a recent column at the Daily Mail:

Quote:
Transformed into an overnight multimillionaire in the Seventies thanks to the Rocky Horror Show, Richard O'Brien nevertheless enjoys using his free bus pass.

The twice-divorced father-ofthree tells me he lost his driving licence recently thanks to over-imbibing on wine and is now relying on public transport.

"I'm 65, so I qualify for a free pass and it's wonderful," says the eccentric O'Brien, who was this week modelling a ladies' corset at a fundraising auction in Knightsbridge for Food Relief International.

But O'Brien still retains the ability to shock. Food Relief's founder, former model Rytasha Morrell-Armstrong, was lost for words when he declared apropos of nothing: "I have slept with 300 women, 30 or 40 men and around 12 transsexuals."