Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: Avalon Salon
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:32 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

NEVER GO THERE!!! I went there for the trial run of my hair for the wedding, and I will never go there again. So, be forewarned. Here is the s-mail I sent to the owner so you can see why you shouldn't go there too.

Hello,

I would like to start out by saying that I have been to Avalon many times to get my hair either styled or cut and always been pleased with the results. Unfortunately, that was quite the opposite of my experience this past Saturday.

I called in on Thursday to see the prices of a wedding updo and a trial run. The gentleman that answered the phone told me that the trial run was complimentary and that the updo, on the day of the wedding, was between $45 and $60. So I booked an appointment Saturday morning for the trial run with Ana, at 10am.

The style that she did on my hair looked nothing like the picture. I am not delusional, and I realize that not every style can be pulled off on every head of hair, but I would have appreciated the stylist telling me that it wouldn't work with my hair. There were holes all through it, you could see the bobby pins; in short it was terrible. I asked her if she had any suggestions for what styles might work better with my hair type and she told me to go home and look through bridal magazines and find another style and I could come in for another trial run. That was not helpful, to say the least. It just seemed as if she had no idea what she was doing.

Also, if you have clients that are getting thier hair styled for a wedding, perhaps you shouldn't let your clients and stylists talk so loudly about how all brides are bridezillas and narcissistic. I realize that you can't control what your clients say, but that was very unprofessional for your staff member to join in on the bride bashing.

When I got to the counter, they told me that it would be $60. All I could do was start crying because I was so angry, disappointed, and upset that I was being charged such an outrageous amount for something that I was so unhappy with, without any offers to try and make my experience there better. All the front desk girl told me she was going to do was charge me only $45 for the normal price of an updo.

I would just like to say that I have never been to a business where the owners/managers let a client leave in tears because they were so dissatisfied. I am apalled for you. I want you to know that I, my bridal party, and my family are never returning to your salon. I even made sure to mention it to different vendors as I was going through the Bridal Extravaganza today. I am also going to make sure to report my outrage on City Search, Craigslist, Austin 360, and The Chronicle.com. I want people to know that your salon is unprofessional and doesn't care about the clients that help thier business thrive.

Brittany Kemp

So yeah. Do what you like, but I strongly urge you guys to never get your hair done here.

Britt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:01 am 
Of Bucketland
Of Bucketland

Geez, that's awful! I won't go there. (My mom does mine anyways). I'll spread the word, too, 'cause it sounds like they suck.

"She gotta have tons of this rock star bad boy's wet stuff in Brittany when his big thing totally did her he had fun and it was fantastic." --Lisa Frank refrigerator magnets arranged suggestively in high school