Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:28 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Thanks for coming to the show on Thurs. It was good to see you Austin folks down here in our little neck of the woods. ie: the drafthouse that was probably the farthest from the Austin side of town! ;)

Hopefully we'll be able to get up there next month and see you guys.

As far as the Thursday night discussion goes. When we were running the show on the weekends back in the day its true it did cut in to many of our clubbing schedules! (did I really wear that much vinyl back then? oh..nevermind)

Anyways. We started doing it one weekend a month. I left at the end of NW 10 and so I don't know about the Drafthouse thing.

As far as I know. I think we just didn't have the crowds on the weekends that you guys get. Maybe if we offered tejano music and more boobs or something people in san antonio would care to come see it.

Thursday was also a convenient day for the drafthouse because they do alot of special events and stuff over the weekends.

So far, Thursdays work well. We seem to get a fairly good crowd actually, I think people like the idea of being able to see Rocky on a thursday and not have to worry about missing out on the bars or something on the weekends.

As far as the cast is concerned, Thursdays work out for alot of us because we are in service industry jobs that require us to work on weekends. Closing on Fridays nights really cuts into the Rocky Time.

Soon they will be opening up another drafthouse in San Antonio, in practically the same place as the old Central Park Theatre!

Once that happens we will be doing two shows a month, at least the second and last Thursdays.

Hope that helps with some of the confusion on the issue.

Thanks again for coming to see us!

Cheers!

~Roy Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

roybot1 wrote:
I think we just didn't have the crowds on the weekends that you guys get.

For what it's worth, we didn't get "crowds" (by any stretch of the imagination) either while we were at the Wells Branch Discount Cinema. It's only since we've moved to the Village Drafthouse in 2004 that we started getting actual audiences. This past Saturday's show was sold out several hours beforehand, which was very nice. Location can matter an awful lot, as does the amount of advertising support the theater puts into it.

Quote:
Maybe if we offered tejano music and more boobs or something people in san antonio would care to come see it.

I'm picturing topless tejano pre-show numbers suddenly. But yes, boobs are universal attractions. I'm reminded of this every time I look at the recently popular cast photos page. (How many times are Miss Tre's boobs in there this week?)

Quote:
Soon they will be opening up another drafthouse in San Antonio, in practically the same place as the old Central Park Theatre!

That'd be a bit freaky if it was the same location as the Central Park Fox. Kind of a "circle of life" type of thing. Hopefully I can make it to one of the shows at the new location also. I guess technically it'd only be 2:30am or so getting home if I drove back right afterward... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:20 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

James and I went last night (in the cab of his truck, sie had aflat tire in the crittermobile and had to use our spare... from past trips i KNOW better than to ever, EVER go to San Antonio without a spare tire!!) (or two...). It was a long week and we were tired but we had a reaaly great time and were glad we went. I'mreally enjoying their show (more Rocky in my life is always good) and we've decided to be sure to get our asses down there every month, tired or not. I'm trying to listen for their lines that are different so I can teach those to James since he can't help bellowing at Rocky. I just sit there all happy with my little pile of props and my pizza, fairly inaudible, and tke photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:38 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

spiderlily wrote:
I just sit there all happy with my little pile of props and my pizza, fairly inaudible, and tke photos.

and you know what? i couldnt love you any more.

:)

This aint no fucking Disney Store: Dance Mother Fuckers!

"I only did it with her because I'm in love with you"
-Rules of Attraction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:33 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

awww...thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:03 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

We're going back this month... I think it's gonna be their kik back in their pjs and just do lines night, I'm up for that, I really wnt to go. I have pink nightgown tlooks so much like a janet dress i feel like singing "OH, BRAAAD" every damn time I wearit and James bought me a new big plaid bathrobe to replace the one I used to wear as a coat til he lost it... if I'm not brave enough to wear my nightgown, James probably would.. One extra night of Rocky a month makes me a happier Joanna.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Huh. The official Lazy Holiday Night, eh? I'm on vacation all of that week, but if they're just going to sit around and yell lines then driving down there sounds like too much work for me. Being lazy in Austin it is! Actually, I also noticed that the Drafthouse is doing a Reefer Madness the Musical singalong type thing that night. I've never actually seen it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:25 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

We really wanted to go but I may be stuck at home cat-sitting. SnowPea and I have had this big battle of wills over her trying to move the kittens into the bedrom closet. Last time she did that one got sick, I was tring to keep it alive, she took it while I was asleep back to the closet, then it died and she brought it to me, like "fix it" anI woke up with a dead kitten next to my face on my pillow. So I have these guys in the cat carrier and let her in and out to use her box, eat, etc. When James gets paid Friday I'm gonna get a bigger cage type thing I can put a box and some food in... I don't feel I could leave her locked up that long and go to S,A. We don't have central heat and that closet is too cold.
They're two weeks old today and doingquite well, I just want them to stay that way, whatever it takes. She's cool with us handling them and giving them back. (One of them SMACKED James with it's lillte paw yesterday---seems to have inherited their sister Siobhan's right cross but hopefully not her disposition.) I'm just paranoid but I want these two to grow up to be big fat attitudinal cats like the rest of the family and live lonlg lives. I've got cabin fever and miss the truck and was really looking forward to S.A. this month but unless I can get to Petsmart tonight find something roomy but affprdable post Xmas, I'll be staying home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:18 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

We did get to go last Thursday and had a great time. He asked to work in S.A. Thursday and we got off fairly early and just parked in the parking lot and took a nap in the truck for awhile. They had a big crowd and the lighting has improved so you can really see the show better, I was quite pleased to have no kitty drama this tim,e around and get to go back...it's cool to have this little extra rocky adventure once a month. We're definitely planning on being back next month (which should be great since RHPS Thursday in San Antonio should be followed by more Rocky at Aggiecon Friday and Saturday !)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:13 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

We did make it there last night and had a great time as always (missed last month because he wasn't off work here in time). I love their signs and the puppet they had playing crim. There was some older guy in the audience who was quite drunk and threw a fit about the obscenities... he was lecturing James about how Rocky used to be back in the good old days, which I founf pretty funny, actually. Eventually he stormed out and the show went on. And I was going down the hall and passed the theateres labeled Spurs and Sex in the City and had an inoppurtune epiphany about just how many people were probably behind those two doors, and the thought they might all start out before I got out of there....like inhaling fire, I panicked like a moron and James sort of pried me offf the hall wall and pulled me along. But we had fun and I was glad we made it. Really liked the girl that did Riff too.