Austin Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast

Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Had a lot of fun visiting the San Antonio RHPS cast (The Absolute Pleasure Group) this past Thursday, to kick off my week of Halloween-ish Rocky activities. They started off the show with a "Thriller" pre-show number, with various cast members doing the zombie dance. That was cool. Their lighting was pretty low though so I had some issues with photos for awhile. It was basically just two clamp lights on either side of the (large) theater, sitting on the floor and shining to the sides. So no spotlight of any kind, unfortunately. They did have one of the more interesting props I've seen, though. It was a couple giant pieces of plywood, with the church painted onto one side as a backdrop and the RKO radio tower painted on the other side. Very unique.

James and Joanna visited the show also, so fortunately James was there to stir things up a bit since the audience was fairly dead. Pre-show was of the two same sex virgins paired up variety, with a banana placed in the crotch of one of them and a (wrapped) condom placed in their mouth. As a team, they're then asked to unwrap the condom and place it on the banana. All without using their hands, of course. The actual show was good, also. Jesus, their cast leader, was playing Brad and a bouncy girl named Amber was playing Columbia. I liked their Eddie a lot, and he had an amusing habit of trying to pose with various cast members in compromising positions for me to take photographs of in the middle of the show. :lol: Hopefully I'll be able to visit them again when they first do a show at the new Central Park Drafthouse location that is apparently opening up in San Antonio. That Thursday night time slot they have puts a damper on things though, since driving two hours each way is not high on my list of things to do after a full day of work. At any rate, photos are here:

http://www.austinrocky.org/photos/10252007-SanAntonio/