Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: I need some help....
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:23 pm 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

Two weeks ago, my doctor put me on some medication that made me very loopy last week. The "running through red lights/sleeping for 16 hours straight/speaking incoherently" kind of loopy.

All that loopiness also messed up my perception of how much money I was spending, and I wound up spending more money than I have in the bank. (The 3 consecutive $25 overdraft charges that Bank of America hit me with didn't help at all.)

Now, I'm not looking for a handout. But if anyone has anything they need done, and are willing to pay for it (such as cleaning your house, bathroom included, for $20) then please give me a call.

Here's a sort of mini-resume:

• Any kind of manual labor you can name
  • I type 40 words a minute
  • Skilled at doing computer repair
  • Familiar with all the MS Office products (and can write macros)
  • Also familiar with Quicken/Quickbooks
  • I can make an audio book of your favorite book ($15 for an at&t natural voices conversion [url]
  • http://www.nextup.com/attnv.html[/url], $40 if you want me to do the reading.)*
  • I can do transcriptions of recordings (such as class lectures)
  • I’m familiar with HTML
  • I can do the ID3 Tags on your mp3 songs, which would include adding the lyrics and album cover. (Yes, I love doing tedious things)
  • I love libraries, and will gladly do research for anyone who is going to school.
  • I can do transcriptions of recordings (such as class lectures)
  • Lots more stuff, so just ask if you're not sure I can do it.

You can call me at 512-371-5872 or email me at ciabhan2025@yahoo.com

*This won't help me now, but I've been toying with the idea of making audio books of non-copyrighted books and selling them. I'd like to start with Edgar Rice Burrough's (The guy who wrote the Tarzan books) A Princess of Mars but while I can do most of the voices, there's no way my voice is going to pass for a sultry naked princess:

"She was as destitute of clothes as the green Martians who accompanied her; indeed, save for her highly wrought ornaments she was entirely naked, nor could any apparel have enhanced the beauty of her perfect and symmetrical figure." ---- Edgar Rice Burrough - A Princess of Mars

Another project I have in mind, but one that will take MUCH longer to do (and probably selling each night's story for $5 each) is an unabridged audio book of The Arabian Nights (The Book of One Thousand Nights and a Night) by Sir Richard Francis Burton. But again, I'm stymied by the fact that it really needs a woman's voice (and a sexy one at that) for the most important character: Scheherazade.

"There is no sin except stupidity" - Oscar Wilde