Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:05 am 
Virgin
Virgin

Hello everyone,

We are the two lovely ladies that came to tonight's show recruiting for a new shadowcast of Repo! The Genetic Opera in the Austin area. We are looking to perform in the South Lamar Drafthouse on one Friday a month (TBD) so as not to conflict with Rocky. This means YOU CAN ALL JOIN!!!!! (muahahha)

We are currently in need of any and all roles for any and all shapes and sizes and colors and genders. There's a part for everyone and we have many primary and understudy roles to fill.

If you are interested or know anyone who is, please have them contact us at repoATX@gmail.com with their name, number, email, and an optional photo (of you, not someone else).

We will hopefully have our first meeting soon, if we get enough people together.

Hope to meet EVERYONE soon!!! TESTIFY!

Attachments:
poster_splash_repoman_poster.jpg
poster_splash_repoman_poster.jpg [ 92.33 KiB | Viewed 26310 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:28 am 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

Oh hellz bellz yes! when are we gonna have that watch party?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:37 am 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

...never seen repo...

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!

Put yourself in my shoes...see that? I told you they wouldn't fit ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:13 am 
Administrator
Administrator

It's OK. Not great. But OK. I feel slightly better disposed towards it now that Raini/Bucket/Kerry/etc. aren't constantly playing the soundtrack around me anymore.

If anyone wanted to start a Hedwig and the Angry Inch cast though, I'd be all over that. It's the only rock musical I like more than Rocky Horror. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:35 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

And Phantom of the Paradise is the only one I love JUST a little more..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:44 am 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

Riff Raff wrote:
It's OK. Not great. But OK. I feel slightly better disposed towards it now that Raini/Bucket/Kerry/etc. aren't constantly playing the soundtrack around me anymore.

If anyone wanted to start a Hedwig and the Angry Inch cast though, I'd be all over that. It's the only rock musical I like more than Rocky Horror. 8)

I must agree. I loved my first couple of viewings of Repo but I recently rewatched it and was a little bored.

As for Hedwig and the Angry inch... please sign me up! I could watch that movie every week. It is a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:14 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Well, as much as I love Hedwig, I am sorry to disappoint.

We are creating a REPO shadowcast and need people, so for those of you even REMOTELY interested or just wanna check out the movie at our watch party, email your information to RepoATX@gmail.com and I'll get you all the info you need.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:40 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

I completely agree with the idea of a Hedwig Shadow Cast. That would be pure awesomeness. I am still not sure how I feel about the whole Repo Shadow Cazt thing. Anyway, I will probably check it out if they get everything together.

~The Brain: And I am the Iconoclast, an unconventional eccentric who marches to a different drummer [whacked on head] but you may call me Noodle Noggin.~

~The Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but we're already naked.~

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:00 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

I was late to the Repo party but when I finally saw it I liked it a lot (plus it was one of the movies Kevin Reames got for us up in Oklahoma when we were pretty much snowed in and I was going nuts about not being able to get home when James had his skull fracture. (He knows me-gory and splattery stuff always cheers me up.)) And we had a great time watching it at the Alamo Drafthouse in San Antonio on a big screen with the cast (it was worth the panic attack). It does seem to be agood movie to be acompanied by a shadowcast and yes i can see it giving people the sort of soaring feeling that inspires you to react rather than just watch. I think some people got really caught up in it initally and decided in the heat of first love it was even better thansex and ice cream, then that love cooled a bit. But for some people I;m sure it still is and gives them the same high I get from Rocky. Most definitely I'd be interested in going to see it (as long as it's not at the Ritz), especially since I STILL miss having Rocky on Fridays. So though I'm not interested in performing, I wish you luck and hope it's a big success.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:38 pm 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

Hedwig!!!!!!!!!!!!