Austin Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast

Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: prop problems
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:24 pm 
Ok. after cleaning out the boxes to wash clothes I noticed a few things were missing. If you play (heck even if you don't) and you know we need a prop please post here or let me know so we can get it. Any suggestion will do.

Frank - pink gloves - (donating old pair, be gentle with them), cat-o-nine tails (whip), leather jacket, dinner scene top, pick axe. (will try to have that by tonight. if not, definitely next weekend)

Magenta - feather duster - (picking it up today), mop getting today
dr. s - bad coat (donating from my old clothes)
brad - glasses (will donate an old pair of mine)

janet - new hat
columbia - mouse ears
riff- riff - jacket with tails
eddie - sunglasses
crim - bad jacket and tie

at this time I've decided NOT to replace the columbia hat because you bastards can't take care of the one we have. If it can remain uncrushed for a couple of months I'll have a real cloth tophat with sequins on it donated to cast.

Anything else? Anyone?

P.S. After washing all the clothes last night and seeing what kind of shape their in, I'm going to start checking everyone's boxes before putting them up. Please fold the clothes and put things away neatly. I'm not talking military style here just enough so they last a little longer and the boxes will stack nicely in the box of death for storage. If you're too good to take care of your props like the rest of us, then don't expect to use the props when you play.

p.p.s If you break a prop (yes this applies to Jessica too!) You will have to pay to replace it. Have pride! Care for our props so we can look awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:39 pm 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

Calvin broke Stevo's penis gun, I think he should replace it

Bucket:
The fucking CHEESE has more health than I do!

"A song while you buy your crack, sir?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:12 pm 
shit. forgot that one. Will be making a riff raff gun as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:46 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

bitch wrote:
shit. forgot that one. Will be making a riff raff gun as well.

I've got a semi-decent one. I just never leave it at the theater 'cause I know it'll get mangled. I could bring it and see what happens. I'm not that protective of it now, because "my" gun is the BFG9000. :)

As for the Columbia hat, I dunno. It can't really remain uncrushed unless we get a bigger Columbia box, or less stuff in the Columbia box, or perhaps if we got the hat its own box.

Is there something wrong with the Crim coat we already have? That is, other than being "stolen" by Dr. Scott, when s/he actually bothers to wear something other than a baseball cap and t-shirt.

Another problem arises from sizes. Heh. Cute. Say we get a good Riff coat. Who's it going to fit? John? Me? Matt? The Riff box is already so crammed with shit that trying to fit ONE coat in there might be problematic, let alone two or three.

Just some thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:53 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

I have a mop and a feather duster at home, but oh well.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:50 pm 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

I think another helpful part people could play is...
BUYING YOUR OWN STUFF.

That may sound harsh, but seriously. Shannon, Raini, Sarah, Stevo, Lindsay, Shawn, Jess, Sel, me, and many others (just to name a few) have been really cool about accumulating their own stuff. It doesn't take a whole lot of time, effort, or money to thrift shop or make your own stuff.
I have been on cast for eight months and have accumulated full Brad, Columbia, Majenta, Janet, Frank, and Rocky costumes (though I admit a lot of the time I borrowed from Sarah).

I think Shawn had a very valid point when he brought up at elections that we could all improve on our costumes. I know my personal mood and performace is effected when I have a more complete "ensemble" if you will.
Sorry to go on and on about it, it's just something I think could help improve the show a lot.
For example (a few of you may have heard this story):
A few weeks ago we had an audience of two. Two teenage guys that I talked to before they left. They said that the show went rather well, but we could "Take some tips from Houston. THey have some great props and costumes and stuff." Granted the "and stuff" could have meant slutty underage girls doing stripteases but nonetheless I don't want any audience member to be able to say another cast has something over us.

Sorry it's so longwinded. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:18 am 
Goddess Lindsay
Goddess Lindsay

http://austin.citysearch.com/search?context=directory&cats=524&gcats=110&cslink=cs_directory_category_match&radius_forced=1.6

There is a link to the citysearch list of consignment and thrift stores. There are only six stores listed, so it's not that great, but it is a start.

http://austin.citysearch.com/roundup/36961?cslink=search_edroundup_1_1
Roundup of vintage stores, sorted by area of town.
Vintage stores tend to have things that are in better condition, so therefore is sometimes more expensive. This isn't always the case, but don't be shocked if it happens.

Other places to try:
Goodwill
Salvation Army (If you don't mind giving money to hateful fuckwads who are homophobic)

If somewhere is far and you don't own a car, plan a group trip so several people can look for stuff.

For a Riff coat:
Call tux shops and see if they're getting rid of any. If it's damaged, big deal. Most of the time they'll sell used ones for $80.

Personal Columbia hats:
I think that the top hats are $15 or so at the Bazar.
If you know anyone that's going to DisneyLand/World send them with some cash to get you Mickey ears. Specify Mickey, not Minnie, and get them personalized with Columbia instead of your name. Hell, get them personalized with Cocksucker, it doesn't matter. You have your own fuckin' ears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:52 am 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

laurapalmer wrote:
Shannon, Raini, Sarah, Stevo, Lindsay, Shawn, Jess, Sel, me, and many others (just to name a few) have been really cool about accumulating their own stuff

You mean Shannon's been really cool about accumulating my stuff :D

Bucket:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:14 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

dont forget Savers, but as for me.....i dont have enough money to go out and spend on rocky stuff, mainly due to no job and me looking for one.....so it will take awhile before i can even get my own stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:58 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Not having money is a fine excuse temporarily. It's when people seem to "not have money" for costumes for years at a time but always seem to have plenty o' cash for cigarettes that it really starts to annoy me. That plus I've seen just how far Joanna can stretch a costuming dollar. Where there's a will there's a way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:14 pm 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

Oh come ON John, look at me... I'm broke as a joke and I did my own stuff

Bucket: