Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: By the way...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:54 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

...have y'all registered to vote, yet? Keep in mind that, while yoour vote may not make that much of a difference, our collective votes will. The upcoming presidential election is VERY important. Do not take it lightly.
Peace,
Tricia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:09 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

We're in Texas, and with our current (fucked up) voting scheme of the Electoral College, Texas is going to vote Bush, effectively negating any dissenting votes.

That being said, everyone should still vote. When others see the numbers and realize that the non-Republicans are gaining votes in Texas, more people might be prompted to get off their butts and vote. Hey, it could happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:24 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

As soon as my 18th birthday happens, going to register right away. I know a large percentage of teen voters don't vote (or even register!), but I sure plan to. DOWN WITH BUSH! :nutkick:

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:25 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

I love you Sarah! And Stevo, too! 100,000 points to each of you!
Peace,
Tricia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:10 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

Stevo wrote:
We're in Texas, and with our current (fucked up) voting scheme of the Electoral College, Texas is going to vote Bush, effectively negating any dissenting votes.

That being said, if you don't want to vote due to Bush already winning Texas, vote for a third party candidtate. The more votes third parties get, the greater chance they have of being on the next ballot without having to jump through major hoops. If they get 5% (I think)of the vote in a general election they are automatically on the ballot until the next general election and they don't have to worry about getting an insane amount of signatures in an obscenely short amount of time. And, of course, having more choices on the ballot is always a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:50 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

therealgalen wrote:
Stevo wrote:

That being said, if you don't want to vote due to Bush already winning Texas, vote for a third party candidtate. The more votes third parties get, the greater chance they have of being on the next ballot without having to jump through major hoops. If they get 5% (I think)of the vote in a general election they are automatically on the ballot until the next general election and they don't have to worry about getting an insane amount of signatures in an obscenely short amount of time. And, of course, having more choices on the ballot is always a good thing.

No, a vote for a third party candidate is like voting for Dubya. Do not divide those of us against the ignorant, unevolved ape that currently occupies the Whitehouse.
Peace,
Tricia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:50 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

This really fucking sucks.. Half of the people I know are going to be able to vote, while the rest, including myself can't...

I would love to do anything to get Bush out...but I dont want Kerry, but we all know unless its raining men who are hump crazy over me that one of them is going to win..

-Rheavon-

"We think too much and feel too little; More than machinery we need humanity;
More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness." - Chaplin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:47 pm 
Groupie
Groupie

Tweak_a_dellica wrote:

No, a vote for a third party candidate is like voting for Dubya. Do not divide those of us against the ignorant, unevolved ape that currently occupies the Whitehouse.
Peace,
Tricia

Not in Texas. Maybe in a battleground state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:56 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

Never assume that somebody will just be handed the vote. That kind of thinking is the very reason Dubya "owns" the Texas vote. The least we can do is try.
Peace,
Tricia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:01 pm 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

... am I the only conservative person who shows their face at Rocky? ;-)

Bucket:
The fucking CHEESE has more health than I do!

"A song while you buy your crack, sir?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:46 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

moroninalunchbox wrote:
... am I the only conservative person who shows their face at Rocky? ;-)

I hope so. :wink:

No offense, intended.
Peace,
Tricia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:06 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

Location: behind the McDonald's that's close to the mall that's near the freeway
I will once again be happily and enthusiastically voting for the Democratic Party. We are right on most of the issues, and we're a whole lot more tolerant.

I know that with the "winner-take-all" way of allocating electors in Texas, it is unlikely that Bush will be defeated here, but there are more reasons to vote than just victory. For one thing, the number of delegates allocated to the county convention are based on the number of people who vote in the precincts in the election (the more you vote, the more likely you are to be represented). And for the record, some states (like Maine) allocate electors proportionately, but that will not happen in Texas under our current Republican leadership. How electors are chosen is still up to the states individually, so "winner-take-all" is not written in stone.

If you really think you are a "conservative," you ought to vote Libertarian. You cannot simulataneously be for smaller government and the largest military spending and the largest national debt in human history.

But however you decide to vote, vote! Brave (and not so brave) men and women are overseas killing and being killed in our name -- the least we can do is get up off our lazy asses and go vote. It is your choice, of course, but if you don't use it, you may lose it.

David, Travis County Democratic Party Precinct 252 Chair, aka Truffulaut: http://home.earthlink.net/~truffulaut -- I have lots of links to lots of sites of interest, many (like the Geneva Convention in Truffulaut #16) not ordinarily considered partisan. Check it out.

Contrast and compare:
Texas Democratic Party Platform: http://www.txdemocrats.org/about/platform/index.php
Texas Republican Party Platform: http://www.rlctx.org/RLCTX/Texas%20Republican%20Party%20Platform%202000.htm

Other sites of interest:
Whatever happened to the Dean campaign? Read abt it here: http://democracyforamerica.com/,
http://www.democracyfortexas.org/
Democratic National Committee (DNC): http://www.democrats.org/
Kerry campaign (read his issue statements): http://www.johnkerry.com/front/splash.html
Texas Democratic Party: http://www.txdemocrats.org/
Travis County Democratic Party: http://www.traviscountydemocrats.org/index.php?TCDP_Session=c5eab23cbc3e1a76f9b0cb4f3ba29d56
streaming online "liberal" Air America Radio: http://airamericaradio.com/pub/globalDefault.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:01 pm 
Goddess Lindsay
Goddess Lindsay

I miss my Deaner. :cry:

Even if you don't want to vote for the presidency, there are still local elections that concern us all, like Governor, Texas House and Texas Senate, city councils, school boards, etc that we need to be aware of and vote for. All of those WON'T be decided by an electoral college (which is crap and should be dismantled, as it is not needed anymore), and in those cases, your vote really does count. Change starts at home!

so freekin' do it already.

Oh yeah, and my all time favorite rant by the Misanthropic Bitch:
http://www.misanthropic-bitch.com/vote.html

check it foo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:02 am 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

no, raini, i happen to be a conservative as well. its really hard to admit to that in this city but i have no problem with it. now, thats not to say that i entirely agree with G.W. but at least the man has a freaking spine. he did what he had to do and never got bent when liberal went batshit and started protesting and once again taking all their glorious freedoms for granted. however, john kerry was a war hero and i can entirely respect that even if he did come back from vietnam and diss his country. fear not, raini, i know what youre feeling.