Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:05 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

But that's not going to stop me.
Does anyone watch Soap Operas? Like the ones on ABC.
All My Children
One Life To Live
General Hospital

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:57 pm 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

I watch All My Children religiously... sometimes I watch Passions too... I watch a bit of Days of Our Lives as well ^_^

Bucket:
The fucking CHEESE has more health than I do!

"A song while you buy your crack, sir?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:27 pm 
Goddess Lindsay
Goddess Lindsay

I can't believe that Passions is still on the air. They're probably still having the same day they were having when I quit watching in 2002.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:52 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

You're my new hero Raini.
Ever need to rant about it let me know. I don't think I ever get sick of talking about soap operas. Especially when it comes to how stupid Sam is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:43 pm 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

oh man, you should have asked me in 6th grade... i was all over Days of Our Lives. I have no idea what's going on with it now... but hey, they just cycle back to old plot lines anyway... (please don't kill me for saying that i love you!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:42 am 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

OH GOSH do you think that Sam is going to totally try to take drunken advantage of Lily? Because I do... he's such a retarded bastard. And I don't want Kendall and Zach to get divorced... and I hope Greenlee stays gone because she's a huge cunt.... and did you know that Bianca is supposed to be coming back soon??? Yay ^_^

*ahem* Sorry guys >_<

Bucket:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:21 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

Sam is only going to hurt Lily. Especially after yesterdays episode.
Erin and Adian are horribly obvious. They're going to end up together damn it!!!!!!
Bianca is coming back to help Kindal with the baby and get her together with Zach.
Why as no one killed Erica yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:48 pm 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

I HATE ERICA!!! I hate Jack too, come to think of it. Perhaps they should find a dream home in Hell together. I couldn't watch AMC for like two days when they were airing Erica's "New Beginnings" crap, it just pissed me off. From the looks of what happened today, I think Lily is getting a crush on Jonathan Lavery, which just puzzles the hell out of me... and I really really REALLY hope that Zach and Kendall don't get this divorce... pleeeeeease don't let them get divorced Jessiy *sob*

Bucket:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:26 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

they're not going to get divorced.
I like Jonathon now. He's sweet in a scary way. Way too big of an age difference, but I think they'd be cute together.
You know, I only liked Greenlee when she broke up Erica and Jack's wedding after she foudn out that he was her father and Erica new. That was one really funny proformance.
I missed today's episode. I stopped watching it for awhile, because I couldn't get through an episode without wanting to murder Ryan. I still feel that way, but oh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:24 pm 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

Look at me, I'm Ryan and I'm angry :roll: Blah blah blah... asshole.

Bucket:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:51 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

Dare I ask???

moroninalunchbox wrote:
"My whole body is like one big clit" -Summer

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:10 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

I still look at Passions, all I like is the supernatural stuff (the mortals are all such tools)....My mom was a big Days of Our Lives fan and watches that and reurns of Another World on Soapnet (Anne Heche was on it back then and she's adorable, big time)... And I have a massive addiction to Dark Shadows and I'm buying all the DVD sets...I used to watch a Canadian horror soap that owed a lot to Dark Shadows, called Strange Paradise, in the late 1960s. (Hulking zombies, witchcraft, a possessed painting, and the hero's cryogenically preserved dead bride are some of the highlights that made me a happy little girl after school... and after school I need something to make me happy, believe me...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:04 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

passions was supposed to be a spoof soap opera, and then it turned into one. days is just poorly filmed. It seems like it's very low budgeted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:13 pm 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

It is kinda fuzzy, but I like it more that OLTL... God that show sucks. Except for the whole Kelly Cramer/Paul Cramer/Kevin Buchanan baby switch thing... I hate it when soap operas do that crossover thing but I was actually flipping between Passions and One Life when that was going on ^_^

I love this thread... I've only ever had one other person to talk to about All My Children... this girl named Allison who worked for like two months with me at Game Crazy

Bucket:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:18 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

I love talking about soap operas. I can never run out of anything to say. You're right, One Life does suck. People are shocked it's not off the air yet, but I starting watching it again because of the whole Jessica/Tess thing. I want to know why she slipt.
Dude, seriously, tomorrow is my last day of school so Soaps aren't waiting till the night time. Probably watch it then too, anyways, IM me or something. It used to be really sad when my friend and I would watch the show together while on the phone for AMC, and then my other friend and I would watch One Life and rant about it on line.
I'm such a loser!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:18 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

moroninalunchbox wrote:
Look at me, I'm Ryan and I'm angry :roll: Blah blah blah... asshole.

lol. He's such a dickhole!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:18 am 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

I don't watch soap operas, but I did used to be on one with Morgan.
http://www.childrenofsalem.com/days/soapkids/kl/klkids2.html
Scroll down and you'll find us. :roll: Good thing my mom wanted to keep our souls intact. Ages 1yr. to 3yrs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:15 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

My old roommate Tommy had a thing for AMC, I remeber watching it with him the day in the mid80s when Erica had been in a plane crrash and was staggering through the wilderness (probably in five inch heels) to get help, only to be confronted by (obviosly edited in footage of ) an enormous bear, and she just started yelling at the bruin to get lost, ending her rant with "I'm Erica Kane!!!" whereupon you see the bear turn tail and flee. We couldn't help but be amused by this moment. Last time I seriosuly watched it Tad was still married to his first wife Dottie (whom I had a huge crush on). When I was in Shoal Creek in the mid 80s, the people everyone was a bit scared of had control of the tv in the dayroom and they watched As the World Turns and Guiding Light, so I watched those for about four years. When I was first dating James he came over one day and was making fun of Guiding Light and I said, "What were you and your brother watching last time I spent the night?" "Uh... the A-Team." "Well, okay, shut up then..." At one point I was living in my dad's rental houe from hell, that he couldn't even get $100 a month for anymore because so much was wrong with it, and sharing it with six gay guys, so I got to watch Dynasty every week with running commentary (the only way it's bearable!)
My other two favorite cult soap operas: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, and Prisoner:Cell Block H, an Australian serial set in a women's prison, which is so campy it was turned into "Prisoner: Cell Block H--The Musical"in London some years back... full of large butch women acting out (which surprise! made me a devoted viewer)
I never said "Passions" was good... neither are all the 50s horror/scifi films like "The Thing That Wouldn't Die" that I'm addicted to, but they flood me with endorphins nonetheless. I turned on Passions today halfway through, and there's Norma Bates in the mental hospital, dressed up like Bette Davis in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" and caterwauling "I've Written A letter to Daddy" from that movie (speaking of large butch women acting out...) and I realized, "Oh, it's Chritmas, time for her to escape an try to kill Tabby like she does very year," which did give me some holiday cheer...
I agree, Days of Our Lives does have the look of very low production values, every soap I've ever seen on NBC looked to me like it's shot on the cheapest video possible... there's this garish sheen to them that's off-putting. The first episode of Passions, was so bare bones it looked like an Ed Wood movie (or worse).. it's actually improved that way at least...
The one thing I can't stand that they do on most soaps is age the kids overnight from infancy to the age of consent, that's just stupid and puts me off completely (a few years I can understnd because of the problems inherent in working with infants and small kids, but if they're writing something with enough decent characters in each generation, they could let things evolve a bit more naturally.).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:10 am 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

Quote:
Morgan and Whitney were recast in 1989 when the show wanted more experienced actresses in the role.

More experienced actresses????? You were BABIES for fuck sake. Dumbasses. You were very cute though ^_^

Bucket:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:51 am 
Goddess Lindsay
Goddess Lindsay

The laundry basket was priceless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:04 am 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

hmmm.. i want a baby with 10 yrs experence to play this part i my next TV show anyone know someone? baby must be 2 or younger with 10 years Television experence

"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers" --MM

i'm gonna go on a child killing rampage! -???
Awww its just so cute when YOU say that ^.^v-X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:41 am 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

They just wanted the character to get older faster. They didn't want us to grow up as the character.