Austin Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast

Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:59 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

Here is the picture we took with the awesomeness that is Patricia Quinn. I will post more later. *Hugs* I missed everyone greatly hope everyone is all good.

~The Brain: And I am the Iconoclast, an unconventional eccentric who marches to a different drummer [whacked on head] but you may call me Noodle Noggin.~

~The Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but we're already naked.~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:02 pm 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

Indeed, it was great. The ride back was a paaaaaaaaaaaaaain and kind of scary with all the rain. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tucson was great fun as well, and similarly annoying with rain on the way back. Greetings from sunny Tucson (in the not-so-sunny hotel bar):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:42 pm 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

Adorable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:54 pm 
Techie
Techie

aww My Raini and Summer look so cute (and drinkin my fav beer too)! It made me very sad I couldn't go :( But I am glad you guys had fun, and I can't wait to see yall this weekend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Have you hugged your cactus today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:09 am 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

Hurray, cacti! (And for "torti," if you speak Claire-ese)

By the by, Patricia Quinn looks fucking adorable as per usual--what a gorgeous smile! Hope everyone had fun this past weekend; how was the show, by the way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:12 am 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

oddgirlie wrote:
Hurray, cacti! (And for "torti," if you speak Claire-ese)

By the by, Patricia Quinn looks fucking adorable as per usual--what a gorgeous smile! Hope everyone had fun this past weekend; how was the show, by the way?

Patricia opened the show by welcoming us all, and then performing her "You're lucky, he's lucky" line.... which got us all excited. But the show at Screamfest was..... okay. Actually we left a little early. Even Pat didnt stay for the show.... she went and got trashed with Ken Foree ;) Kevin knows.... Kevin knows....

It was "fun" to have to fight to get into the (relatively small) ballroom where they were holding the show. B/C of fire code, they were only allowing 300 people in.... And there must have been four to five hundred people there. They pushed us all out into the hallway, where we waited shoulder to shoulder for about 10 minutes..... when they opened the doors, we were really just pushed along. 300+ ppl in long pants, platform boots/heels decked out in spikes/makeup/costumes..... it got a little crazy.

They switched between FL casts thru-out the show (there were 3 or 4 Franks, 2-3 Brads/Janets/Magentas/Columbias/etc...) which was kind of interesting.

They used a DVD and a projector to show the movie against the wall of the ballroom...... and it froze at the start of creation scene.... so they restarted the DVD, and DIDN'T USE CHAPTER SELECT. They actually fast-forwarded thru the movie, while 300 of us are sitting around wondering who let the tech-illiterate dumbass work the DVD player. The crowd went crazy, screaming "Use chapter select".... it was a little ridiculous... The cast(s) managed to salvage this moment by quickly proceeding to shadowcast the movie in fast forward. Hilarity ensued.

Their props were.... weak. I dont know/think/hope they used their regular props, and that for whatever reason they were forced to improvise their props for that specific show (they used a plain standard metal chair, two or three painted (cloth?) panels for the coffin door, the black curtain, and a few other room props....) their red cage was just a painted panel (that was waaaay too tall, and was just held up by techies).....

Good times. Good costumes. Props were so-so. The performance overall was okay. Bobbi, Kevin and I agreed that a QueerBastards show would blow them out of the water. It was fun to see another cast perform though- it was a first for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

misstre wrote:
They switched between FL casts thru-out the show (there were 3 or 4 Franks, 2-3 Brads/Janets/Magentas/Columbias/etc...) which was kind of interesting.

That's standard at national conventions and such, so that more people can be involved in the show. It's nice for having a full set of floor show performers in full makeup and such too. Obviously Eddie's scene is a bit too short to really switch off for though, so at a couple of Cons we've just had a plethora of Eddies (and Columbias) all perform simultaneously... which fucking ruled. Seriously, I think there were about eight Eddie/Columbia duos all performing at once in Hollywood. And the Brad was hella cute standing there trying to hold all eight saxophones he'd been handed (real saxophones too, since most of the Eddies brought their own). Outrageous.

misstre wrote:
Their props were.... weak. I dont know/think/hope they used their regular props, and that for whatever reason they were forced to improvise their props for that specific show (they used a plain standard metal chair, two or three painted (cloth?) panels for the coffin door, the black curtain, and a few other room props....) their red cage was just a painted panel (that was waaaay too tall, and was just held up by techies).....

That's kinda strange. Usually if you get three or four casts all performing together, you end up with lots of duplicate props. Maybe nobody got the memo that they were supposed to actually bring some props? :lol: At any rate, I was just posting the gallery from the actual RHPS performance in Tucson if you want to compare:

http://www.austinrocky.org/photos/Tucson-Oct2006/RHPS/

They did have the benefit of being at a cast's home theater (The Loft, with the largest movie screen in Arizona) so they had all their props plus some of the Phoenix cast's props I believe. If you're wondering who the guy is with Sal Piro before the movie, and doing The Time Warp with the other Transylvanians during the movie... that's Perry Bedden. You may recognize him here:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:40 am 
Groupie
Groupie

Looking back at the original picture Bobbi posted - remember that Sesame Street song - "One of these things is not like the others......" lol - I kinda stood out in general in my bright pink shirt and capri pants with little pink flowers on them - giggle. I took one black shirt (which I did wear to Rocky Sat night) but other than that I decided I didn't care if I looked like I "fit in" There were plenty of people walking around with huge multicolor mohawks and pinhead masks and fake blood etc - but I'M the one getting strange looks. Just gotta be me :) - had a blast!!

With every sunset comes a new dawn. Do not let life pass you by dreaming of the sunset you will never see again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:06 am 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

Yes, it was quite amusing :)