Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:01 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Hi,

Does anyone know what items will be in the prop bags for this saturday's show at the alamo drafthouse austin (01-20-07)?

I am bringing 3-5 virgins to the show for a birthday party. According to the website Querrios sell them for $2.00 and items vary. I want to help support the performers, but I also want to make sure the virgins have the full experience. So whatever is not included I want to buy and bring with me.

Also, I noticed that the San Antonio cast starts their performance a half hour before showtime; does this cast do same or in tandem with movie?

TIA, Lynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:14 pm 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

Hi Lynn!

In our prop bags we usually have...

Toilet Paper, Rubber Gloves, Party Hat, Noise Makers, Newspaper and Playing Cards. Food items and confetti are not allowed by our theatre.

We start our show usually just at midnite, and this weekend we're doing a show with some of our Dallas cast friendses all mixed in!

Hope to see you tomorrow nite!

Bucket:
The fucking CHEESE has more health than I do!

"A song while you buy your crack, sir?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:53 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

moroninalunchbox wrote:
Hi Lynn!

In our prop bags we usually have...

Toilet Paper, Rubber Gloves, Party Hat, Noise Makers, Newspaper and Playing Cards. Food items and confetti are not allowed by our theatre.

We start our show usually just at midnite, and this weekend we're doing a show with some of our Dallas cast friendses all mixed in!

Hope to see you tomorrow nite!

Thanks for the reply MIALB!!

That is a great package and well worth the price. However I noticed you used the word usually; is there anyway for me to confirm tomorrow nights items?

I will buy your bag, but I really want the virgins to have the whole package. I understand the food/confetti policy and plan on buying water pistols (if allowed?) and some glow sticks. Too bad someone has not come up with an alternatvie for toast & rice.

TIA, Lynn

Post subject: Another Question
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:47 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Does Querrios performance include a virgin ritual?

I mentioned that I am bringing virgins for a birthday party, the virgin is turning 13 on the 21st, which is why I want this to be special. I would love it if there was a way we could arrange for you to pick him or if you do not perform the virgin ritual maybe a special "Happy Birthday to Riley" shout out.

TIA, Lynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:07 pm 
Fan Club Rep
Fan Club Rep

The list I gave you is what our current prop bags include, yes. People have snuck rice and/or confetti in to the show and it literally takes over an hour for us/the Drafthouse to clean up, so there's just a blanket ban on particle items. Not sure on the water guns, but I'd imagine as long as you're not blasting audience members/ Drafthouse servers with Super Soakers nobody will really mind. Glowsticks are just fine.

We do a virgin sacrifice before the show begins, special birthday sacrfices depend on the person doing pre-show, but come find me before the show (I'm playing Brad, will be horribly obvious who I am) and I'll have a chit chat with our pre-show guy and the special guest pre-show guy.

Bucket:
The fucking CHEESE has more health than I do!

"A song while you buy your crack, sir?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:28 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Super, Thank You so very much. See you tonight!!

Lynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:40 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

Years ago before real life began to take up too much of my time, I used to make cardboard toast for the goodies bags....actually traced a piece of bread onto posterboard, cut it out and used it for my model. It had brown crayon crust arounf the edges and FAUX TOAST scrawled on it in various jammy hues (red, purple, etc...) So if you want something to throw during dinner scene, you can always make your version of that, I guess....Hope you all ejoy this evening!

Post subject: WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:55 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

Moroninalunchbox - I just wanted to Thank You so much for last night, especially for the virgin sacrifice - I promise no charges will be filed :lol: The virgins had an absolutely wonderful time. The Querrios & Ft. Worth Bastards performances were outstanding!!

For anyone who is reading this and thinking about going to a show...quit reading and go - I highly recommend it and don't forget to buy your prop bag from Querrios!!

Thanks Again to all the performers,
Lynn