Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:21 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, and pssst....they weren't doing The Time Warp in the aisles at the U.T. show either. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:26 pm 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

i think that there is nothing to worry about. they under estamate queerios. for we will be victorious :twisted:
-Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:52 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

:point:
Riff Raff wrote:
Oh, and pssst....they weren't doing The Time Warp in the aisles at the U.T. show either. :lol:

the jester wrote:
i think that there is nothing to worry about. they under estamate queerios. for we will be victorious

I'm not worried. We've been here 27 years. We aren't going anywhere.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:04 am 
Trinity2oo5 wrote:

um...yeeeeeea. someone wasn't around how long ago was it now? 5 years or so, when we got the boot from Northcross. Breaking the streak as the longest continuously running Rocky Horror...IN THE WORLD (I still miss saying that)
Don't speak too soon, or it could happen again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:16 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

Location: behind the McDonald's that's close to the mall that's near the freeway
I will never tell anyone at a Rocky show to sit down again. Lots of people in India die from cobra bites. Why? They eat lots of RICE, and rice attracts rats. Cobras kill and eat rats. Without the cobras, they'd be even more overrun with rats. We don't have cobras in Central Texas (I see a marketing opportunity here!) -- we just have rattlesnakes. If we threw lots of rice, we'd just be encouraging the field mice, who already breed like rabbits. And it's a well-known fact that rats are particularly turned on by being squirted in the face with water from a water pistol, and I personally object to the notion that I am too repressed simply because I refuse to help a rat become aroused.

David, extrapolating

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:57 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

dot! wrote:
Trinity2oo5 wrote:

um...yeeeeeea. someone wasn't around how long ago was it now? 5 years or so, when we got the boot from Northcross. Breaking the streak as the longest continuously running Rocky Horror...IN THE WORLD (I still miss saying that)

I was told that Rocky was still held Joanna's house or something like that, hence the anniverary shows are still in continuance to be "one year behind the movie". We've been at this theater over 5 years (I only remember this because Mr. B asked me one day if I knew that it was our 5 year anniversary there), and this was towards the beginning of this year. Then again, this is only what I've been told. But, ike I said, I know I've only been on cast a year and a half.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Umm...Joanna's house is not a theater. Unless you want to count the roaches as our audience. :lol: They did a couple of living room things over there while we were homeless out of shear desperation and boredom. I drove up to the Walnut Twin in Dallas a lot, myself. The anniversary shows are just the anniversary of the first time Rocky was ever shown in Austin at midnight (we were the second city in the country to show Rocky Horror as a midnighter, just after NYC). Every time you feel the need to to conclude a post with "I've only been on cast a year and a half", just do yourself a favor and ask someone else or refer to the cast history...8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:34 pm 
Riff Raff wrote:
Umm...Joanna's house is not a theater. Unless you want to count the roaches as our audience. :lol: They did a couple of living room things over there while we were homeless out of shear desperation and boredom. I drove up to the Walnut Twin in Dallas a lot, myself. The anniversary shows are just the anniversary of the first time Rocky was ever shown in Austin at midnight (we were the second city in the country to show Rocky Horror as a midnighter, just after NYC).

Uh huh...and when I finally got tired of driving around the state to see Rocky, I got in touch with Cinnemark, starting at TTN (TinselTown North), a brand new theatre at the time. The manager there hooked me up with the manager at Discount...I think it may still have been Mr B. He agreed to get us a print and let us play in his theatre. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Riff Raff wrote:
Every time you feel the need to to conclude a post with "I've only been on cast a year and a half", just do yourself a favor and ask someone else or refer to the cast history...8)

touche.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:02 pm 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

i think that maybe we should join casts. after all we would have more audience if it was more central. the only problem is would this be more successful or less.
-Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Ummm...yeah. Let the adults handle this, Ian. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:16 pm 
Goddess Lindsay
Goddess Lindsay

The name of the guy who was at Discount when we started was Mr. Kelly. He was leaving in 2 weeks when we got there and Mr. B was taking Discount over. Mr. B said that he liked Rocky a lot and didn't mind us being there. By the way, I don't think I've mentioned today how much I loooooooooove Mr. B. He's so cool. MR. B YOU ROCK!! :bananarock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:17 pm 
Mr. B has a long history with RHPS. He was my first manager when I was cast director at the river oaks theatre in Houston back in '93. He was there for several years working with us and has always been a big supporter. He's one of the main reasons were at the discount 8. During the slump last year he really went to bat for us and other times as well. He's a great guy and deserves a lot of thanks. yaaaay for Mr. B!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:46 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

Yup yup. Yay for Mr. B! :banana:

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:31 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

dot! wrote:

Ooh! Ooh! I've got one! Me me me!

Someone else wasn't around how long ago was it now? 14 years or so, when we got the boot from the Riverside Dollar Cinema... because a cast member blew the manager... whose wife found out. Oopsie. Heh. That's why I find the "Fuck the management... I did, that's why we're here!" lines somewhat amusing yet painful.

Hmm. Now what was I posting about?