Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

Post subject: WAIT A SEC!!! WTF!??!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:52 am 
Virgin
Virgin

I've been gone for a long time, and I never been to the RHPS EVER, but I'm a RHPS guru.

And my good buddy "Nyquil" saw your show. Now, this guy doesn't like playa hatas, but now he is one: he doesn't like your show for 3 reasons.

1. The name Queerios lives up to it's name (he says you do gay stuff)

2. YOU DON'T ALLOW RICE!! OMG!! WHY!?!? :lame: I mean, RHPS was founde on rice and the fact somebody shouted "SAY IT" between Antici and pation

3. The floor show floods out the movie: hey, he wanted to see the movie, do call back line, and throw rice, not see people act it out and never get a chance to say "She got @#$%ed by a 40 foot ape" in Science Fiction Double Feature.

Tell me it isnt true! And if it is, then (sings) San Antonio here I come. Right back where Six Flags started from { shout "it started in Dallas, dumbass }. And I forgot the rest of the lyrics, becuase I havn't heard it in years { echo "I can't remember after a couple of beers" } [/b]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:01 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

IonBlaster wrote:

Could you be a little more vague?

Quote:
2. YOU DON'T ALLOW RICE!! OMG!! WHY!?!? I mean, RHPS was founde on rice and the fact somebody shouted "SAY IT" between Antici and pation

What sucks more than not being able to throw rice is not having a theater. Since the management won't allow it, neither can we.

Quote:
3. The floor show floods out the movie: hey, he wanted to see the movie, do call back line, and throw rice, not see people act it out and never get a chance to say "She got @#$%ed by a 40 foot ape" in Science Fiction Double Feature.

If he wants to see the movie and not the people acting it out, I recommend watching the screen, rather than several feet below it. Works for me. As for yelling lines, I doubt anyone gagged him.

Just keep in mind that different casts have different ways of doing things, and lines vary from theater to theater.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Lemme take a wild guess here. He went to go see Rocky in about 1978 and this was the first time he'd seen it in a theater since then.

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:21 pm 
Virgin
Virgin

no, he travels the road watching rocky horror picture shows doing a show called "The Rocky Road" (the first season is coming soon).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:21 pm 
Goddess Lindsay
Goddess Lindsay

I'm never heard of a theatre in recent times that just shows the movie and has no floor show cast. Lines are welcome, rice is not. Get over it.

Good luck in San Antonio, since from what I know they aren't even showing the movie any longer, floor show cast or not. Their is a lovely stage production of the Rocky Horror Show for your friend, but since he doesn't like actors and all, this may be a bad idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:30 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

Listen here...for one yes I was the one that told you to sit up front...the only reason I did that is because we like the audience to be close to the cast, because then we can interact with them more...For another thing just because you can't throw rice and felt like someone stopped you from saying a call line you trash our cast...my reply to that is suck my dick fuck stick...if you don't like how we do things don't come to our show...we work our asses off every weekend to make the show a place for people to come and enjoy Rocky...you come one night and see the show and you think your opinion actually matters to us...no. I am not saying that when someone comes to see the show we don't care what they think...that is totally not it at all, I am saying you have no right to come into our house and trash us for rules that are put there by the theater...we love our theater very much and our management lets us get away with a whole hell of a lot...oh, and about the call line thing I strongly doubt that it was someone on our cast that told you not to say a call line or even commented on a call line you said...for one we say some pretty vulgar call lines ourselves and if we had a problem with it there would be a rule for us not to say them...we can't control the audience and what they say and frankly we don't try too...be happy are management doesn't care what we say in the theater, because I know some places like Houston for example that get told if they can't say something...and last but not least I remember exactly where you were sitting it was in the seventh or eighth row from the front...if your friend couldn't see the screen then he must be blind, because I was sitting in the second row and I could see just fine...so my last and final comment to you is if you don't like our cast don't come see it....frankly I think most of the cast couldn't give a shit less...apparently we must being doing something right seeing as how we have been running for 28 years here in Austin, and we are the longest running cast in history...I love my cast and they love me...

Bobbi

PS. About the whole Gay comment...You don't even want to go there, because I am a flamming lesbian who has a whole lot of pride that you don't want to even try and mess with...Cause my rainbow will come jumping and smashing all over your dumb little homophobic ass...

Last edited by Booboo on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:01 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

I usually wouldn't say anything to this, because I would not feel the need to justify this with a comment, but I feel I must. Do you own a theater with a midnight show that YOU have to clean up, or that food attracts bugs? Didn't think so. Do YOU work your ass of on training and doing tech? Didn't think so. And if you think you can come to our show one night and base everything you care to say about Austin Rocky Horror as it is, I feel very sorry for you. If I were to base everything about you just by your mere comment, I wouldn't think you had an intelligent fiber in your body. You don't know us, you don't know the rules the theater has put on us (obviously, since you're bitching about rice), and you're obviously not in the Rocky loop at all if you think we would not permit you or even hold you back from saying a call line. That's what RHPS is all about! And I wholly agree with Bobbi. We must be doing SOMETHING right since we've been running for over 27 years now. The theater does give us a lot of leeway as it is. Of course we wish we had more, but sometimes you have to take what you can get. We don't get any money from the theater, and the money from the selling of prop bags or any donations goes straight to the improvement of the show. We are in a tight budget right now. No offence to the way things are because we've come a long way from rock bottom, but do you not think we aspire to be more than this? Do you honestly think we don't have stuff going on in the background? We're people too, with jobs, and lives (because it's not as if we get paid for this), and all of our extra time and patience is poured into making sure people like YOU don't come into our show and wonder why they're even there. And I also agree with Stevo. It's not as if we don't have the movie playing in the background. It's quite easy to see if you just look a couple feet above the performers. If your friend wanted to see the movie and not the people, he should have just rented it for a couple bucks. This is where I'm confused. For a friend who is going around watching RHPS for a show, the movie isn't going to change at all, I can guarantee that. There might be a couple words missing from one reel versus the next, but the thing that actually changes is that cast and the way they do things. So maybe you both don't like how we do things here. Are we stopping you from leaving? Are we locking the doors and saying, "No, we must torture you!" ? Didn't think so. Maybe you should try putting a cast together Mr. "Guru," but then again, that would be a bad idea since you must not know a goddamn thing about RHPS or what it means.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Last edited by Trinity2oo5 on Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:42 pm 
Techie
Techie

lets just leave it at this... you have your opinions, and you are entitled to them. Thses guys work hard though, and they love what they do. im being objective, hows it working :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:31 pm 
Transylvanian
Transylvanian

IonBlaster wrote:

[/b]

That's because at Austin Rocky, we embrace people of ALL sexual orientions. We do some straight stuff, too. And some bisexual stuff. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...bisexual stuff...

We do not view gay as an insult. We do not view it as devious, immoral, or something that needs changing.

If your friend wishes to make a complaint, tell him to choose another, more thoughtful adjective. And, as Stevo pointed out, try to be less vague. Tell us what you think we need to work on. Sometimes we listen to y'all(sometimes).

Peace!

Post subject: Bitchfest:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:13 am 
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

I love our cast, and if other people don't like the way we do our show, they can :eatme: and they don't have to come see our show. If all of the recent virgins in the audience means anything, not to mention all of the people I've seen that actually came back to our show, other people besides the asinine ones (and maybe including some of them) who left that message; enjoy our show. So the other people can suck Bobbi's big fat dick, and to hell with them, because I like all of our "gay shit" it's part of what makes us fun.
Whitney :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:58 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

Location: behind the McDonald's that's close to the mall that's near the freeway
..and furthermore the ludicrosity of your remarkableness makes me regretful of stopping my youthful booze drinkfulness.

Gorgeous George, the Pretender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:09 pm 
You know, I've really been trying to ignore this post but I just can't. Every time I read it I get just a little more annoyed. Every time I hear it mentioned by cast it pisses me off that much more. You, loserboy have no right to judge our show having never seen it yourself. You're self proclaimed RHPS guru status is a complete farce. You can not be a RHPS guru without ever having attended the show. To address your issues:

1)"He says you do gay stuff"
a)We're in Austin and this is the millenium. If you have a problem with "gay stuff" you probably shouldn't be watching a movie where a man has sex with another man.
b)Why don't you come to the show yourself and see if it's true instead of going on hearsay you couch bound potato.

2)"YOU DON'T ALLOW RICE!!"
a)No, the theatre doesn't allow rice. We would let you bring anything you want cause we're fucking cool like that. The theatre, on the other hand makes the rules and if they say no rice..... Then no rice it is. Better than no movie at all. However, we may actually allow rice. How would you know seeing as you've never been there.
b)"RHPS" was founded on rice." Wrong again guru, Rocky was founded on a place where people of the same nature could hang out together and enjoy an awesome movie.

3)"The floor show floods out the movie"
We don't use the main floorlights during floorshow so I have no idea what you're talking about. Tell you're buddy to raise his head about an inch and a half and he won't half to look at the actors if he doesn't want to.

The cast here has worked really hard to make sure we keep up a good enough show to allow the theatre to keep the movie. You, having never seen our show and hence have no right to criticize. You are more than welcome to come up and visit just make sure to buy a rocky bag. Just do me a favor if you do and don't bother talking to me cause I'll just laugh in your lame. little. face.......... Bye for now couch rider.....

:stupid:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:17 am 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

No comment back from the ION whatever the fuck that shit means...AM I mean ya all??? Not that I care just wonderring?

~The Brain: And I am the Iconoclast, an unconventional eccentric who marches to a different drummer [whacked on head] but you may call me Noodle Noggin.~

~The Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but we're already naked.~