Austin Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast

Queerios!

Eat them before they eat you!
* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:59 pm 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

Hey, I finally found a decent version of the trailer online, figured I'd share with ya'll, since just about every one of you is as big of a nerd as I am....
http://www.currierworks.com/ep3.mov
Anyway, try to refrain from the star wars bashing, at least in this topic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:20 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

I am wondering, see, I have the Star Wars trilogy on DVD, and the Bonus Material CD says that the 3rd episode is going to be called "Return of Darth Vader." I was wondering how that was going to work since, at that point, Darth Vader hadn't really come to life. George Lucas didn't change much, just only little things maybe me and John would notice (like editing Boba Fett's voice). Anywho, I'll watch it when I have a moment. Can't find the remote so I can't pause the movie I'm watching, coincidentally, Return of the Jedi.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:59 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

yea ep.3 is gonna be called Revenge of the Sith.......kinda like how Return of the Jedi was suppose to be called Revenge of the Jedi (actually i like that one better than the current title)

also have you guys seen the movie poster for ep.3?????/ holy shit does it suck complete ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:52 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

Okie dokie, was wondering about that. (By the way John, they DID replace Anakin Skywalker's ghost with Hayden Christiansen.)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:55 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

told ya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:58 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

I was sad.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:07 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

if i can find the trailer poster for ep.3 you would be even more sad, seriously its the worst movie poster i've seen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:04 pm 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

Hold on, I can pull that out of my ass too...
http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=2782

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:16 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

even the offical one sucks ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:34 pm 
Drag Diva
Drag Diva

Most of what I remembered from that list of things that were reportedly changed for the DVD release were BS. I was actually quite disappointed. For the most part, it was exactly the same as the '97 re-release. The crappy TIE fighter flybys with the "white box" around them weren't even fixed. Sigh.

A note on the Heydude Christenfurter digital cameo: I rewatched that 5-second bit a few times because I couldn't stop laughing. He TRULY looked embarrassed!

Anyway, about the poster...Pretty asstacular. The 70's sci-fi phallus-helmet thing looks crossed with a Wookie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:39 pm 
Sweet Transvestite
Sweet Transvestite

here are some intresting things about ep.3 just incase you havent heard...................dont scroll down if you dont wanna read

Star Wars fans have been hit with a barrage of Episode III news and rumors over the last 24 hours. One of the most interesting reports comes by way of AICN. It's a description of an intriguing scene that takes place between C-3PO and Anakin.

Apparently, Anakin's brutal duel with Count Dooku in the early part of the film leaves him with grievous injuries, including the loss of one or more limbs and body parts. Threepio, in a remarkable display of generosity, offers the use of some of his parts as robotic prosthetics. That's right, some of Vader's mechanical pieces were donated by the shiny protocol droid! It certainly adds extra meaning to his words when Threepio offers his parts for the repair of Artoo in A New Hope.

And with all the duels, gunfights, and space battles going on, even Palpatine himself will get in on the action. Actor Ian McDiarmid told Teletext that his role in Episode III was a much more lively one than in the previous two films.

"You'd imagine that my character has been rather deskbound in the past but this time he will get to take part in the action. I can't give the story away as George Lucas would kill me but I have been engaged in far more physical activities than any of the other films.

"I have found myself sliding down chutes at speed and landing on heaps of rubber, it's been a completely new experience for me. I haven't had to go down the gym to get fit for the scenes but I did need a few rehearsals to get up to speed."

McDiarmid adds that most of his scenes involve Anakin, no doubt as their growing master-apprentice relationship turns the young Jedi into Darth Vader.

Samuel L. Jackson revealed this week that his Episode III scenes were so rigorous, he injured himself at one point performing his role. This comes from someone who interviewed Jackson, by way of the Film Rotation website:

"I can tell you that [Jackson] has made at least 3 trips to Australia for more filming, and that he injured his back needing surgery as a result according to the rep. She again mentioned that Sam stated that he would not go out a punk and would go out in a blaze of glory."

Also in the news today, the official Star Wars website apparently posted, by accident, an unlisted page summarizing in point form all of this fall's Clone Wars episodes. The page has since been removed, but here's the list courtesy of TheForce.net:

1. Montage of various battles featuring Jedi and clone. Obi-Wan and Anakin get assignment.
2. Battle of Muunilinst.
3. Republic Gunship down, clone trooper story
4. Durge turns the tide and his IG lancers turn the tide.
5. Kit Fisto on Mon Calamari
6. Ventress fights on Rattatak
7. Ventress challenges to Dooku
8. Obi-Wan's Lancers vs Durge's IGs
9. The capture of San Hill. Durge makes another stand.
10. [blank]
11. Anakin chases after Asajj Ventress. The battle hits the streets of Muunilinst.
12. Mace Windu on Dantooine. Faces the behemoth stamping tank.
13. Mace continues to face the droid armies without his lightsaber.
14. Barriss and Luminara defend Ilum from mine-laying droids.
15. Yoda, with Padmé, R2, and C-3PO go to Ilum. Yoda fights the mine-laying droids.
16. Padmé and the droids go off in search of Yoda. After fighting battle droid, Yoda and the other Jedi emerge.
17. Anakin follows Ventress to Yavin 4. A contingent of clone troopers arrive but the troopers are systematically disposed of by Ventress. Anakin's ship is destroyed.
18. Anakin duels Ventress through the Yavin 4 jungles.
19. Anakin duels Ventress atop a Massassi temple. He ultimately defeats her.
20. Grievous fights the Jedi.

The list includes some placenames we heard in the first trilogy – Dantooine, Mon Calamari, Yavin 4 – and gives more clues to the events of Episode III.

With a tight schedule and cramped spaces to work with, the Episode III reshoots in progress at Shepperton, England have had their share of mishaps. As the official site's Set Diary reports, George Lucas's video station from which he directs the action is actually located on an unfinished film set; what's more, construction crews are hard at work hammering, drilling, and painting that very set in between takes. In fact, Lucas is monitoring footage and calling the shots from aboard a half-built Naboo skiff.

"So in between the times when [Lucas] directs the action on an adjacent set, the crew adds the greeblies, lights, switches and other little details of the ship. From parts unseen, the sounds of drills, hammers and shuffling echo through the floors and walls."

The construction became more than a mere nuisance at one point, when Natalie Portman's intricate, one-of-a-kind dress came into contact with fresh paint. The paint was cleaned up enough to carry on filming, but the outfit is permanently marred.

Interestingly, the Naboo skiff interior, which is decorated much like Padmé's chrome-plated yacht, ended up being considerably larger than the outside of the craft; a similar mis-match occurred during the making of A New Hope with the Millennium Falcon exterior model also being too small for its innards. However, Lucas intends to keep the aberration inconspicuous in the final film.

Other shots being filmed right now include scenes in Padmé's Coruscant apartment with the young senator and her spouse Anakin, and additional exchanges between Anakin and Obi-wan. Other actors involved in the reshoots include Ian McDiarmid (Chancellor Palpatine), Anthony Daniels (Threepio), Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa), Christopher Lee (Count Dooku), Silas Carson (Nute Gunray and Ki-Adi-Mundi), and Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu).

One scene mentioned in another Set Diary report included an enormous blue-screen staircase, on which dozens of human and alien socialites milled about, including a rushed Anakin on his way to a meeting with the chancellor.

One highly awaited part of Revenge of the Sith will be Anakin's grievous injuries and his conversion to the mechanized Darth Vader. Creature Shop Supervisor Dave Elsey is responsible for the make-up and prosthetics that will represent Anakin's wounds. Elsey was intent on getting the gashes, burns, and other injuries as correct as possible. Getting production notes from Vader's brief unhelmeted scene at the end of Return of the Jedi proved difficult, so Elsey turned to the Internet, where Star Wars fans have spent considerable effort analyzing that scene. "The fans have actually helped us find the materials we needed because they've written endlessly about it," explains Elsey. "We've had to get every scar in the right place and kind of make sense of everything."

Part of the challenge for Elsey involved reconciling the damage that is visible in ROTJ with the scene in Revenge of the Sith where Anakin actually receives those injuries. Elsey feels that the final result is quite graphic, and will succeed in making Revenge a darker film than the others. And we have the online Star Wars community, with its countless debates and analyses, partially to thank for that.

Episode III begins at the end of the Clone Wars, the galaxy-spanning conflict that started three years previous on Geonosis. The Confederacy of Independent Systems, under the leadership of the Sith Lord Count Dooku, and the cyborg tactician General Grievous, has kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine from the capital world of Coruscant.

Fleeing the city-planet, the Separatist armada is intercepted by the mighty Republic Navy. Venator-class Star Destroyers, ARC 170 starfighters and advanced Jedi starfighters enter the fray, pitted against Trade Federation Battleships, droid starfighters and tri-droid starfighters.

Two advanced Jedi starfighters enter the battle, headed directly for the massive Trade Federation Cruiser - heart of the enemy fleet, and Palpatine's fortified prison. The pilots, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Kenobi's former apprentice Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, fight through numerous obstacles as they journey through the battle.

Reaching the Federation Cruiser, the Jedi enter a hangar bay and make their way to the bridge. After they encounter with battle droids and General Grievous himself, the Jedi reach Palpatine. Both Obi-Wan and Anakin battle Count Dooku, but after the Jedi Master is rendered unconscious, it is left to Anakin to slay the evil Sith Lord. Palpatine praises Anakin's efforts, though the rescue is not yet over: with the Cruiser disabled and plunging towards Coruscant's surface, the Jedi have little time to escape.

Navigating the dangerous innards of the Cruiser, Anakin and Palpatine manage to escape the doomed craft before it crashes into Galactic City. Coruscant fire ships race to the scene, and the survivors are evacuated to safety.

The Senators of the Republic meet with Palpatine to congratulate him on his escape from Dooku's clutches, but talk soon turns to the nature of the war. With Dooku dead, the Senators believe the war is effectively over; and thus Palpatine has no need to hold on to the emergency powers granted to him before the Battle of Geonosis. Palpatine argues that General Grievous still poses a dire threat, and placates the Senators by ensuring them the Jedi Council will deal with the problem.

While Obi-Wan Kenobi is sent to track down Greivous, Palpatine gives Anakin his own, special assignment; to become the Chancellor's personal bodyguard, thanks to his efforts onboard the Federation Cruiser. Anakin accepts.

Meanwhile, the Jedi have slowly been unravelling the mystery of the Sith, and Mace Windu comes to a startling conclusion: the evil mastermind behind the Clone Wars, Darth Sidious, is none other than Palpatine himself! Windu, accompanied by Jedi Masters Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar, confront Palpatine, who reveals his true nature as the Dark Lord of the Sith. Windu's colleagues are struck down, leaving the Jedi Master to face Darth Sidious alone. Anakin is watching the duel from afar, and is forced to make a choice that could change the future of the galaxy forever. Should he carry out his duty as a bodyguard, and protect Palpatine, or his duty as a Jedi, and come to Mace Windu's aid? In the end, the choice is inevitable, and Anakin Skywalker kills Mace Windu.

Obi-Wan Kenobi lands on the planet Utapau, and is met by the helpful Administrator Tion Medon. Following his welcome, Obi-Wan joins Commander Cody on the battlefield, and pursues General Grievous across the cavernous terrain of Utapau. A duel ensues in which Grievous wields multiple lightsabers and blasters. In the end, Obi-Wan uses the droid General's own blaster to deliver a killing blow to the cyborg's gut.

Back on Coruscant, Anakin is tasked with eliminating the remaining leaders of the Confederacy, who have holed themselves up on the volcanic world of Mustafar. There, Anakin slays the leaders of the commerce guilds, removing the last of the opposition to Palpatine's new plans for the Republic.

Palpatine's New Order is implemented, and the Galactic Republic is turned into the Galactic Empire. Palpatine, now Emperor, orders his clone troopers to turn on their Jedi Generals. On Kashyyyk, a victory against the Corporate Alliance turns into one of the first victories for the Empire as the clones battle Wookiees and Jedi alike. Master Yoda escapes with the help of Wookiee warrior Chewbacca.

Following his former Padawan to Mustafar, Obi-Wan confronts Anakin, though the dark side overwhelms the young Knight. He attacks the Jedi Master, and a vicious battle ensues through the industrial complex overlooking a vast lake of lava. Eventually, Anakin falls, and is consumed by the lava. Retrieving Anakin's lightsaber, a saddened Obi-Wan leaves Mustafar.

The Jedi are now seen as enemies of the Empire, and Obi-Wan is forced to take on the identity of Ben Kenobi to escape. Similarly, Senator Bail Organa of Alderaan is forced to flee the agents of Darth Sidious, and meets up with Kenobi.

During this time, Padme Amidala Skywalker gives birth to twins Luke and Leia Skywalker, though the presence of the Empire forces Amidala and Bail Organa to develop plans to hide the Force-strong children.

Meanwhile, in a top-secret location, Darth Sidious oversees a very special project. A new warrior is created, a powerful Dark Lord capable of wiping out the last of the Jedi. This new menace is Darth Vader, formerly Anakin Skywalker, though the remnants of that good man have apparently been consumed by the dark side.

The newborn Skywalkers are hidden. Leia is adopted into Royal House of Organa on Alderaan, while Luke is raised by Owen and Beru Lars on Tatooine. Ben vows to watch over the young boy, and becomes a hermit in the Jundland Wastes. Yoda retreats to Dagobah to await the time when he will train the last of the Jedi.

On Coruscant, Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader together oversee the formation of the Galactic Empire, and the galaxy enters a new and terrible era - though not so bleak as to diminish all light, for one day a new hope shall arise, known as the Son of the Suns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:53 pm 
Closet Thespian
Closet Thespian

Am I the only one viewing this positively?